GameTipsAndMore Blog

Battlefield Play4Free, PlayTesting The XM8AR (3 Full Rounds)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Greetings, Bandicammers! 8-)

I recently won the XM8AR in The Daily Draw (for one day of use) on my Medic and thought I'd try it out and see how it felt and quickly write a post about it [I'll call these PlayTests]. I am not a gun expert or know a lot about the statistics of the guns, but I will discuss briefly here how the gun actually feels and plays, especially compared to the Medic default, the MG3 Light Machine Gun. I played a few rounds with XM8AR LMG and recorded the first three full rounds. Here they are, shared unedited for you [a 'Raw Gameplay' video]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQjlORKsX88
[YouTube did something with the Aspect Ratio of this video and I had to use a command in the Tags section to fix it. Let me know if anyone has problems viewing this video properly]

Recorded with: Bandicam @1080p (HD) using the x264/H264/AVC Codec (as an External Codec)
Recorded game: Battlefield Play4Free (MMOFPS, a F2P game/Microtransactions)
Recorded levels/maps: Myanmar (Jungle, Assault), Dalian Plant (Rural Industrial Port, Defense then Attack)

Normally locked until Level 15, the XM8AR felt great to use on my Level 10 Medic. It's ammo box is a little smaller at 60 rounds (vs. the default Medic's MG3 having 80 rounds), but it never felt 'cramped for shots' and didn't feel like it took too long to reload.

The nicest thing about the XM8 was the accuracy. You could really tell you were going from the "Low" rating of the Medic Default MG3 to the "High" rating of the XM8AR. Looking down the sights, the three-prong irons of the front sight are quite thin and easy to line up in the view of the rear sight, which is in the form of a circle.

There is only a little bit of a pull up and slightly to the right, but the recoil is very small and easy to compensate for once you get used to it. I even felt comfortable shooting from the hip and at a distance because this gun felt so darn accurate compared to the starting weapon for a Medic.

An all around great gun, it was fun as hell to use for a day. For only 300 Credits you can try out for a day of play, too. If you have 1250 spare Play4Free Funds you can purchase it permanently. It is a nice accurate gun to run with and may be worth it. Try it out for yourself sometime.

Have fun and See You In The Game!

For the full article [most of the text is here, just some extra screenshots are added and info on The Daily Draw] see the main post at the blog, here:
http://gametipsandmore.blogspot.ca/2013 ... xm8ar.html

Return to “Bandicam - Videos onto YouTube”