GameTipsAndMore Blog

Suggestion for Bandicut or a New Bandisoft Program

Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 pm

I have a suggestion for what could be either (1) an extension of the capabilities of Bandicut or (2) a totally new and separate Bandisoft application/program. I am getting a sleepy and I hope this idea comes across correctly :lol:

My personal wish is to find a program that can do multiple conversions of a set of videos (a folder of videos, etc), but also applying a filter or alteration to them - in one batch conversion step. An example:

Pretend I have 10 videos of nature that I wish to convert into a different format. Perhaps they were all filmed with a camera and I want to change the resolution also, for a portable multimedia player. So, with most programs I have found on the internet so far, I would have to
- import a video
- make the resolution change
- export the video
or some programs allow 'batch conversion'... but you have to set the settings for each individual video, one at a time, importing, then adjusting the resolution, then saving the project as a file/script, import the next video, adjust the resolution, save the project as a file/script, and so on and so on, doing that all 10 times and at the end of doing that 10 individual times, run some sort of 'batch conversion step', that will perform the conversion in full, at the end of changing 10 different settings and saving...

My wish is to have a program where I can say, "use this folder/directory" or "all of these videos that I select" and then it will ask what settings I want, and then this wonderful program would apply my settings to the whole bunch of videos and convert them without any further input from me - and I have only had to adjust the resolution setting ONCE, instead of ten different times for ten videos... That is my perfect video conversion program.

If you were to create this, you could call it perhaps "Bandiconvert" or something similar, as it specializes in batch conversion of videos (allowing to change settings, etc as well, but converting all of the input in one step (as far as the user is concerned)).

Bandicut is fantastic for quick edits and cuts and keeping only what you want from recordings/videos and I am happy with it and would like to purchase a license soon to support it. I am merely suggesting the above as, Bandicut comes close to these ideas, which is why I state it may even be an extension of Bandicut, but as you can see, could also be it's very own Bandisoft program.

I wish you luck with the idea and your great programs, even if you never develop my "dream program" in the future. Thank you.

Edit:
I forgot to add another concept - filters. The ability to apply a filter (color correction, noise reduction, etc) as part of the adjustments (made ONE time by the user), would be a bonus to the program. Exporting to something like H.264/AVC has the ability to set Deblocking/etc to assist in apparent quality, but the ability to apply a nice filter/change to the video as part of the batch conversion process would be spectacular. :mrgreen:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for Bandicut or a New Bandisoft Program

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi GameTipsAndMore,

We will try to support the multiple-cutting function by the end of 2014.

The multiple-conversion idea is great!!!
We will also try to support the function you asked for in the future.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Shyboy

Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:58 am

Make a list => choose/make a preset => apply to all => run

Great idea.

Zuzu_Typ

Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:48 am

Btw, while Bandicut doesn't support this feature, FormatFactory is able to do that.

Shyboy

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:09 am

Btw, while Bandicut doesn't support this feature, FormatFactory is able to do that.
No good, Format factory overwrite default codecs and so make shit with your players and encoders.

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”