clemenzina

New user - first impressions

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm

I am testing out Bandicut for the first time and was shocked to see how limited it is.

HOWEVER! I currently use Freemake Video Converter to cut and join segments from very long screen-captures of wildlife cams, and I find that Bandicut navigates these long videos much more efficiently.

Bandicut is also extremely friendly with its adjustable window size - I need to see fine detail and Bandicut lets me have the window quite large to facilitate that.

When Bandicut introduces "cut and join with fade transitions", keeping a similar interface*, I will be very happy to buy it, even for more than the current price. Perhaps Bandisoft would consider making a more "sophisticated" separate program so that the current Bandicut would still be available for users with more limited requirements?

I hope you'll have something ready soon, and do let me know if you'd like me to test it from the point of view of a non-technical user. I would be using it daily.

*So much friendlier than Adobe etc.

somi

Re: New user - first impressions

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:30 pm

forgot to add another concept - filters. The ability to apply a filter (color correction, noise reduction, etc) as part of

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:26 am

Hello clemenzina and somi!
When Bandicut introduces "cut and join with fade transitions"
Please try the next version of Bandicam which will be released in a week. It will allow you to cut and join segments.
We will consider the fade transitions feature in the future.
The ability to apply a filter (color correction, noise reduction, etc) as part of
We will consider it in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Bandicut.

Alilxmas

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Better than my first impressions of Bandicut. Made a video about 30 minutes with Bandicam, loaded the video into Bandicut. I decided to get rid of the last 10 minutes or so, it seemed to be working fine, even under progress it said "The task has been completed."

Then a error pops up:
Failed to read the file. Please check the input file.
if the file is located on a CD/DVD please copy the file to your hard disk drive, and try again.

No cut file is located in the directory...

Tried to select a different output folder, change filename - no luck

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 am

Hello Alilxmas,

Could you please let us know the information below?

1. The screenshot of your Bandicam's format settings

2. File Information
Import the video file -> Bandicut menu -> File Information (Ctrl + F1) -> Click 'Copy to Clipboard', and paste (Ctrl + V) the file information in an email to bandicut@bandisoft.com

3. A log file (.log)
Bandicut menu -> Configuration (F5) -> Check 'Create a log file (.log)'.
A log file (.log) will be created when you start video cutting.
Please send the log file (.log) to bandicut@bandicam.com

Please send the information to bandicut@bandicam.com

Alilxmas

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Sure thing, I will send an email with the pertaining information.

One question, if I may, where is that .log file saved in bandicut. I have the option turned on as directed, but would like to know where it is so I can make sure to send the correct file.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:18 pm

It will be saved in your output folder of Bandicut.

Alilxmas

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Actually I think I fixed it, by changing the default location from C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Documents\Bandicut to another folder seems to have made it work properly now.

I am guessing that is the default output folder for Bandicut, as the log folder/file was there as well.

But I tried something which I do not know why it just occurred to me and as soon as I made a new folder at H:/Bandicut (as I save the BandiCam files to H:\Bandicut) and changed location instead default folder, things worked fine...

Thx for the fast help with this, and the active participation in the forums, really means something to me and I am sure others.

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”