GameTipsAndMore Blog

[Suggestion] Progress Indicator for Media File Analysis

Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:42 am

Just a quick suggestion:

Merely as a comfort for the user, perhaps a Progress Indicator (a bar or percentage or timecode/clock or similar) somewhere, when analyzing a media file.

Currently, there is no way to tell how much time is remaining when analyzing, only a "Now Analyzing The Media File" message is given. For long recordings, it can be lightly frustrating to be told to 'sit and wait', but not be told for how long. Even an estimated time would be comforting - it definitely is with the Progress/Task section - it is nice to have that, way to go putting that in there!

This is not a high-priority concept, to be sure. But, it is an idea to ease and inform the user of Bandicut, as to how much longer the analysis process may take.

[On a personal note, perhaps I am just more sensitive to it, as I have ADHD and it is difficult for me to wait, at times :lol:]

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Progress Indicator for Media File Analysis

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:41 am

Hi GameTipsAndMore,

We've added your suggestion to our to-do list.

Thank you for suggesting it.

Kamilo

Re: [Suggestion] Progress Indicator for Media File Analysis

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 am

This is not a high-priority concept, to be sure.
To me a „Progress Indicator for Media File Analysis” is a must have feature, the more so because BandiCut's „Media File Analysis” is amazingly slow on large files (and in comparison to the free video editor AviDemux).

In BandiCut I also very much miss some of AviDemux's „quick positioning keys”, in particular (see screenshot-attachment):
  1. First Frame (Home)
  2. Last Frame (End)
  3. Go To Marker A (PgUp)
  4. Go To Marker B (PgDown)
I also very much prefer AviDemux's single UP/DOWN keys for positioning on previous/next Keyframe (instead of BandiCut's CTRL+LEFT CTRL+RIGHT two-key-positioning).

So :( I distinctly still feel forced to continue to use AviDemux (instead of BandiCut) ... until :?:
Attachments
- BandiCam 2016-01-15 19-54 AviDemux-Screenshot für BandiCut Forum .png
- BandiCam 2016-01-15 19-54 AviDemux-Screenshot für BandiCut Forum .png (113.64 KiB) Viewed 7847 times

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”