george656

Cannot uninstall Bandicut!

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:46 pm

I have been having issues uninstalling Bandicut video cutter/joiner from my computer. When I tried to uninstall it from the add/remove programs, my anti-virus program Avast pops up an alert saying threat blocked: FileRepMalware. Then my computer says that it cannot find the file specified. I have also tried uninstalling it from CCleaner's add/remove programs and the same thing happened. This is the first time that I have had issues uninstalling Bandicut from my computer. I checked where the virus was located and it was in C:\ProgramFiles\Bandicut. What should I do?

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Cannot uninstall Bandicut!

Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:26 am

Hello george656,

I would recommend you to try disabling your antivirus / firewall and then try to uninstall it.

If this doesn't work, try using IOBit uninstaller
(Make sure that you don't install any Adware, coming along with this freeware)

Open up IOBit uninstaller and click on "Force Uninstall" on the top-right corner, then click on "Browse" and finally browse to "bdcut.exe", which is to find at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bandicut" by default.

It should search for all Files created during the installation of Bandicut and open up a list, showing all those items,
Click on "Delete".

Done.

I hope I was able to help you.

george656

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:16 am

I tried uninstalling Bandicut using the IOBit uninstaller but it did not work. I am also not comfortable disabling the firewall and anti-virus program because my computer might get infected.. I think Avast does not like Bandicut.

Zuzu_Typ

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:17 pm

You can also technically delete all the installation files and then clean up your registry using ccleaner or similar programs, but you might end up still having some of Bandicut's files on your system.

I get that you don't want to disable your firewall if you install new software, but what software infects you during the uninstallation?
If you don't trust bandicut, you might wanna scan the installation file on http://www.virustotal.com .

But what's more important, your statement is sadly but deadly just wrong.
You are not secure, just by using a firewall or antivirus.
You are secured, yes, but on a very, very basic level. :|
I'm not going to dive deep into this theme, to not start an enormous discussion...

If you are German, you might wanna check out this Youtube video and learn a bit on how to really be secure.

I hope I don't bug you with that.

--Zuzu_Typ--

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”