davidinark

Location of Temp/Working Folder?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:31 am

I moved my TEMP folder to my SSD. I also set the environment variables to point to that folder. When I am have edited (cut) videos (especially in fast mode), though, the system seems to be accessing my regular HDD. Is there a way to force Bandicut to use the SSD?

Thanks!

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Location of Temp/Working Folder?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:08 pm

hey davidnark,

I know, this doesn't answer your question, but why don't you move your operating system over to your SSD instead (note: You probably shouldn't do this if your SSD is smaller or equal to 64GB)? That would offer a way bigger boost in performance (especially in the boot department).

Actually I don't see why moving the temp folder would give you any performance boost whatsoever... even if you were talking about the pagefile, which apparently you aren't...

Usually SSDs offer their own utility to move your os over to it, otherwise reinstalling Windows also works. I would suggest you to search for the benefits of having your OS stored on your SSD online, so you don't have to rely on one single opinion. I'll say this much, it is totally worth it.

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”