James Richardson

How would you play an audio file over the top of a video?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:19 am

I'm thinking of using Bandicut to put together a tutorial for a video game I'm making. My concern is that if I record the audio as part of the video, then I might find that the game footage is good, but I don't like my voice; or my voice is fine, but the game footage isn't quite right. So, the way I'm thinking of doing it is to record the video (using Bandicam while playing the game); then record my own voice separately (in, say, Audacity); and then place the best audio over the top of the best video (using Bandicut).

So, I found this topic on the forum (https://forum.bandicam.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5395), where people say that it is possible to do this. However, they don't say how one would do this. Looking at Bandicut, I can't figure out how you would go about it. Should I be using Join, seeing as I'm effectively joining one file to another? Also, Bandicut doesn't let you load audio files, such as WAVs and MP3s, so how would I open the audio file in Bandicut? Is the solution something like to save the audio as a video file?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: How would you play an audio file over the top of a video?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello James,

Unfortunately, the current version of Bandicut doesn't allow you to add an audio file to video.
We will forward your request to the development team.

To separate audio and video tracks from video while keeping the original audio and video quality, please check the "Extract audio tracks (.mp3)" and "Remove audio tracks" options like below:

For more information, refer to https://www.bandicam.com/separate-audio-from-video/

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”