theriddick

Bandicam Warthunder CTD on Record

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:05 pm

I am running at 4k but only record at 1080p I have everything setup right and I get the FPS counter in corner and I have chosen AMD APP codec as that is my hardware type but WarThunder just crashes to desktop about 3seconds after pressing record button. I have tried turning off 'Use enhanced capture method' with no luck.

System is running on Windows 8.1, are there any other tricks I can try? I have encountered this issue with another recording software before. However D3DGear (inferior) works without crashing. Gotta figure this out.

theriddick

Re: Bandicam Warthunder CTD on Record

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:27 pm

I also notice XVID/DIVX/X264 all provide 'failed to start video recording' message!

What could be stopping my computer from recording videos in these formats including H264? I followed all instructions. Stumped!

Maybe due to 4k resolution?

theriddick

Re: Bandicam Warthunder CTD on Record

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Ok because I'm so good at bug fixing myself, I figured out a solution. Was basically just choosing the H.264 option in the X264 external codec instead of the x264 option. I don't loose any FPS at 4k recording so am pretty happy with that.

Hope this helps anyone else who is in similar situation.

I believe the reason for my troubles is a broken hardware encoder due to dodgy AMD drivers and H.264 codec it comes with, no real solution in sight for that as I tried following AMD repair guides on the topic without luck (otherwise I be using the Raptr recording software).

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”