Cipher

Post your suggestions thread

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am

Hi there, as the title says, i'd like to reserve this thread for Bandicam suggestions, i haven't found one of these and this way Bandisoft can easily see what people would really like to be added.
So, suggest away.

My suggestions;

- Support for a compressed Quicktime codec recording format

- Support for a Quicktime codec container
Update; MP4 Container has been implemented

- Support for more compressed codecs in general

- Support for multiple monitor recording (widescreen 2x2560 width and 1600 height), this is already possible with rectangle on a screen, but the only problem with that, is that it cuts of the top bar, because the rectantgle's height is automatically back downscaled so the rectangle bar isn't of the screen

- Support for Picture in Picture (PIP), allowing the user to select a monitor (or different window/application) that will be overlayed on the main recording (smaller in a corner)

- An option to allow Bandicam to prompt the user to create a project folder when you start a recording, thus all files would be in this project folder (video file/ audio file(s)), instead of having a bunch of recordings all under 1 folder per game

- An option which makes bandicam always record the latest 40 seconds (or a different user specified time frame), thus preventing you from missing that amazing shot

Would love to see these come true, especially the codec ones

Kind regards,

Cipher
Last edited by Cipher on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Post your suggestions thread

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Cipher,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
We will try to answer the questions you asked.
- Support for a compressed Quicktime codec recording format
- Support for a Quicktime codec container
- Support for more compressed codecs in general
We consider adding .mp4 codec/container.
- Support for multiple monitor recording (widescreen 2x2560 width and 1600 height), this is already possible with rectangle on a screen, but the only problem with that, is that it cuts of the top bar, because the rectantgle's height is automatically back downscaled so the rectangle bar isn't of the screen
We've added your idea in our to do list.
- Support for Picture in Picture (PIP), allowing the user to select a monitor (or different window/application) that will be overlayed on the main recording (smaller in a corner)
We consider adding PIP or VIV (Video in Video).
- An option to allow Bandicam to prompt the user to create a project folder when you start a recording, thus all files would be in this project folder (video file/ audio file(s)), instead of having a bunch of recordings all under 1 folder per game
This function might be difficult to a normal Bandicam user. We will consider it in the future.
- An option which makes bandicam always record the latest 40 seconds (or a different user specified time frame), thus preventing you from missing that amazing shot
This function will be useful. We will support it in the future.

Cipher

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Thank you for your time/ reply :)

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Cipher

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello!

Please try the the webcam PiP function (Picture-in-Picture, Video-in-Video) of Bandicam.

The webcam stream is recorded and merged within the main video as shown below:

* Bandicam Download: http://www.bandicam.com/downloads

Cipher

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:42 am

Sorry for the late reply, didn't know you actually came back to this thread, thanks for that, and nice to see this got implemented!! (Although it would be even better if you could also save it to a separate file :P) (And seperate screens as well, instead of only the webcam ;) )

I actually have a new suggestion which i'm surprised is not in here, which is very simply put, the naming convention, to me it's rather inconvenient to have a super long date + time stamp as the name identifier, i would love to have the option to simply specify a naming convention (drop down that gives you the options between timestamp, number, letter,...) A prefix/suffix option would be nice as well

Kind Regards,

Cipher

ps the new UI is great compared to the old one!! ^^

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Cipher,

We will consider it in the future.

Thank you for suggesting it.

theriddick

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 pm

The major feature I would like to see is a persistent recording of a set time, say it records the last 10-15minutes or more of whatever your doing and keeps it in a file buffer, once your hit F12 or whatever to record it dumps that past 15minutes into a AVI file and resets the timer and continues to record from that point onward.

Much like how Nvidia's shadowplay works, very handy. If I leave this application to record automatically all the time it will eat a planets worth of TB space. Its a ease of use type of feature and very easy to implement!

astrix_au

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Mantle recording, I use Motion JPEG to record on my Asus Swift at 1440p at 60fps on my R9 290x crossfire setup.

Mantle recording is going to be awesome as you have more control over the performance as it's designed for today's powerful hardware and not old hardware like DX11.

So far on Raptr the hit on performance is the smallest i've felt but it's just been added and there isn't much support or much in optimisation, looking forward to the next update.

Speaking to Bandisoft on Facebook they seem interested in Mantle support as it's a awesome API.

The SDK can be found at the following address and you need to apply for early access to the SDK before it goes public as AMD has said it will be in the future. Mantle has been a huge success even with BF4 (Dice's bad patches) but the driver API has been strong in all games!

http://developer.amd.com/mantle/

Below is a sample I made using Bandicam on DX11 at 1440p 60fps recorded with Premier preset Motion JPEG. Youtube compresses 1440p videos to 9.2Mbps so I suggest uploading to that. looking forward to be able to do this on Mantle :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLsKm3C ... oxGRWG-YeQ

theriddick

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Mantle/Raptr doesn't work for me, fails. I just found out recently that DX11 encoding doesn't work on my PC but DX9 does.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Dear Cipher,
I actually have a new suggestion which i'm surprised is not in here, which is very simply put, the naming convention, to me it's rather inconvenient to have a super long date + time stamp as the name identifier, i would love to have the option to simply specify a naming convention (drop down that gives you the options between timestamp, number, letter,...) A prefix/suffix option would be nice as well
Bandicam now supports naming conventions.
Please try the latest version of Bandicam from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”