GameTipsAndMore Blog

'Lock audio recording' to an application? ('Focused' audio)

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

I am wondering if this feature is in Bandicam, or possibly may come in the future...

I would like to record a game that is running in a Window (DirectX/OpenGL mode) - while I am watching a Streaming video of a different game in another Window (with an internet browsing application).
Bandicam (in this example) would be configured to 'only record the sound from the game' running in the DirectX/OpenGL Window and *not* record the audio from the Streaming video.
Perhaps through an "only record application to which Bandicam has focus" or "only record sound from application that Bandicam is 'locked' to", option.

Although Bandicam may need to be programmed so that it could be configured to 'lock to an application' (if a user wishes to ALT+TAB and not lose focus of the game Window), it seems this may perhaps be possible as far as Windows goes, as the Windows Sound Mixer shows each application with it's own 'monitor' (sound levels) ...but I am not a programmer, so I could be wrong.
Is there such a feature in Bandicam at the moment?

If not, I would like to submit it as a Suggestion :mrgreen:

YonatanZamir

Re: 'Lock audio recording' to an application? ('Focused' aud

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 pm

i dont think this feature is possible.
but if bandisoft will add an option for more audio tracks(for example, 11 like dxtory), so you will be able to set your headphones to the game and speakers to the web, or you can download audio tack spliter .

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: 'Lock audio recording' to an application? ('Focused' aud

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Hello!

The feature you asked for is impossible.
if bandisoft will add an option for more audio tracks(for example, 11 like dxtory), so you will be able to set your headphones to the game and speakers to the web, or you can download audio tack spliter .
We've added this request to our to-do list. We will consider it in the future.

Thank you for suggesting it.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”