Dfactor

Corrupted frames

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:45 am

After watching through bunch of my material I've started to notice that some videos had corrupted frames.
First I thought it might be a problem caused be re-encoding. I didn't care much as it was rather bunch of rare cases.
I've started capturing videos couple of days ago and I've accidentally noticed that some of videos had the corrupted frames again, this time they were still raw/straight out of Bandicam. They appear to be quite random, most of the videos seems to be fine, but a few selected ones happen to have either one corrupted segment or even more.

It doesn't seem like a video driver issue or Bandicam version specific problem as this happened before in different games. The system is far from being 100% loaded.
First I thought that maybe the keyframes were missing, but I've checked and the corruptions happened either couple of frames after keyframes or in the middle. Here are some samples:
http://imgur.com/a/aRHCs

The settings are rather standard: NVENC, 100q, VBR, 150 kyframe interval, 60fps / PCM, 48KHz outputs to .AVI.
Enhanced capture method disabled, logo added to the video.
I can upload the videos if needed.
Is this something I'm stuck with? I'm quite pedantic when it comes to video quality and I wouldn't want to drop NVENC as it performs the best.

System:
Win 7 Ult 64-bit.
i7-3770 @ 4.3GHz
MSI GTX660 (Manually overclocked).
Bandicam 2.1.3 (and older).
DirectX/OpenGL window.
DX9, DX7 and OpenGL games.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted frames

Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Dfactor,

1. Could you please send the video file to bandicam@bandisoft.com?

2. Do you have the problem with the .mp4 container?
If you use the .mp4 container, you may not have the problem because we don't add a null frame in the .mp4 container.

Dfactor

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi!

I've sent you one of the videos in question.

I prefer to use .avi since I use VirtualDub w/o any external plugins for doing final re-encodes and merging, but I could try using the .mp4 container for a while and see if the problem persists.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi Dfactor,

We've checked your video with the Bandicam developer.
However, we don't have a good solution for this issue.

It might be a graphics driver bug or chipset problem.
(We have no idea about that.)

We've stored your video in our database and we will keep an eye on this issue.

We're sorry that we couldn't solve your problem.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”