yazking

Disable annoying tray info bubble

Sat May 09, 2015 8:17 am

Why in gods name is there still no option to disable showing of tray information bubble?
Like I really just must read "Click here to restore Bandicam..." all the time. It's so annoying!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Disable annoying tray info bubble

Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Hello!

We added it to the to-do-list.

The Bandicam developer may consider it in the future.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

yazking

Tue May 12, 2015 12:57 pm

What do you mean by "may"? It's a valid request. Or are you developing this tool for yourself only? Well, if you are paying well for it, then I understand.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue May 12, 2015 7:16 pm

We collect the user's requests and post it in our database.
And the Bandicam developer makes a decision about the development schedule.

YonatanZamir

Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 pm

I'll vote for this kind of featue.
I also suggest Bandisoft will make a voting service for the forum to help higher the chances of good updates.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed May 13, 2015 4:13 am

What do you mean by "may"? It's a valid request. Or are you developing this tool for yourself only? Well, if you are paying well for it, then I understand.
If I may pop in, I think they mean "may", because it is not really needed. You can disable the Notifications (the 'bubble popups') in Windows 7/8 at your leisure, whether a program has the popup notification or not, I believe.

One way to get to the option for it (there are multiple ways to get to it) is by Right-Clicking the Taskbar and selecting Properties, to bring up the Taskbar and Navigation properties. Then, under Notification Area (which was previously known as the System Tray, the area with the clock in the bottom corner), click the Customize button. Then, in the list, find Bandicam and use the Pull-down menu to change it to "Hide Icon and Notifications". Then, whenever you Minimize Bandicam, it won't pop up anything.

The blocking of a popup is a capability that has more to do with Windows than with Bandicam in a way then, hence why they said they "may" include it, I think...

yazking

Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

@GameTipsAndMore

Yes I have considered that option, but sadly, my Windows 7 doesn't allow me to "show icon, but disable balloon tip" for individual applications, although every other option is present. I can't figure Microsoft out... And I want to see the icon, to make sure of system stability. Maybe some newer Microsoft Windows will (or already does?) have all the options available, I wouldn't bother with this request here. So I'll rather request it here than enjoy Microsoft's ignorance.

Well, I hope this gets more "votes".

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed May 13, 2015 4:24 pm

@GameTipsAndMore

Yes I have considered that option, but sadly, my Windows 7 doesn't allow me to "show icon, but disable balloon tip" for individual applications, although every other option is present. I can't figure Microsoft out... And I want to see the icon, to make sure of system stability. Maybe some newer Microsoft Windows will (or already does?) have all the options available, I wouldn't bother with this request here. So I'll rather request it here than enjoy Microsoft's ignorance.

Well, I hope this gets more "votes".
:geek: Hmm let me see - I think I found something... Try this (if you don't mind using the Windows Registry Editor):

- Open the Run Command window by
a) hitting WINKEY+R (windows keyboard)
b) going to the Start Orb (since you have Windows 7)
- Click in the Command/Search area (white box)
- Type REGEDIT and hit Enter
- Allow the UAC query
- Navigate to the Key, clicking on the Folder for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Right-Click in the right pane, creating a New>DWORD (32bit value)
- Name the New Entry as EnableBalloonTips (one word)
- Double-click or hit Enter to open the new entry
- Make sure the Value is Zero
- Hit Ok to save the Entry
- Logoff and Log On again

Hopefully, this will result in you being able to Minimize Bandicam and no Bubble Popup will show - but you'll be able to have the icon present in the SystemTray/NotificationArea!

Here's a 'screenshot tutorial' to remind you of the steps (and to help others):
Tutorial - Disable Balloon Popups But Keep The Icon -- Key Entry to create - The Game Tips And More Blog.jpg
Tutorial - Disable Balloon Popups But Keep The Icon -- Key Entry to create - The Game Tips And More Blog.jpg (222.45 KiB) Viewed 18175 times
I tested this on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, so hopefully it will work for you too - everyone! :mrgreen:

yazking

Wed May 13, 2015 6:27 pm

I know about that one, it disables ALL balloon tips, globally, and is no use if you want to configure individual apps. But I want to see what my other apps alert me, since they don't just say useless stuff, when they should not.
Have to be cautious when disabling balloon alerts globally like this as it may even be a security risk.

Dig out a patcher to erase balloon API call in Bandicam, now that would be some finding. :lol:

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed May 13, 2015 6:43 pm

I know about that one, it disables ALL balloon tips, globally, and is no use if you want to configure individual apps. But I want to see what my other apps alert me, since they don't just say useless stuff, when they should not.
Have to be cautious when disabling balloon alerts globally like this as it may even be a security risk.

Dig out a patcher to erase balloon API call in Bandicam, now that would be some finding. :lol:
Hehe, you are correct, it disables Balloon Tips in General. There are other ways too, such as through a Group Policy (if you have the Professional Versions of recent Windows) but alas, they also block 'all' alerts.

Well, I suppose you may just have to wait until Bandisoft implements it in the future. Try to stay sane until then ;) and take care.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”