enigmalegacy

Issue with Game Freezing While Recording with Bandicam

Sun May 17, 2015 7:14 am

So I was recording a clip with Bandicam, and my game decides to stop responding. I went over to Bandicam and tried to stop the recording, and it stated that there was no longer any communcation between the game and Bandicam, and if I would like to do a compulsory cease recording, so I selected yes. And now, I get this message when i try to open up the file:

I'm worried that the file may be corrupt. Is there any way to salvage the footage?

Thanks in advance!

Dfactor

Re: Issue with Game Freezing While Recording with Bandicam

Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 am

If your container of choice is .AVI then you can restore ~70%+ of the footage.
In the root folder of Bandicam there's bdfix.exe. Use it.
It will reconstruct the .AVI file until the corrupted part.

enigmalegacy

Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 am

@Dfactor Unfortunately, my container is a .mp4, is there a way to utilize the bdfix.exe with the mp4?

xellon

Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 am

@Dfactor Unfortunately, my container is a .mp4, is there a way to utilize the bdfix.exe with the mp4?
Don't believe so :(

Bandicam (or any recording software) can freeze up due to drivers not being updated. Make sure you are using the latest driver version for your computer's graphics card. IF you find any errors, search google for ways to completely remove your graphics drivers (registry and everything) and do a clean install.

If that doesn't work, try to remove unnecessary programs from running. This is easy, simply go to start and search for msconfig and run it. Click selective, then go to services tab, check the "hide all microsoft services then disable everything you don't need (you can disable them all if you like). Do the same for startup tab.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon May 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello!

Play the broken video file through VLC media player.

If you can play the broken AVI file with VLC media player, please re-record the video file (while it is playing) through Bandicam.

Related FAQ
http://www.bandicam.com/support/configu ... _software/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”