GrimJahk

Administrator lock out from delete file

Thu May 21, 2015 9:55 am

For some reason, I am being locked out of the files that I am creating. I can copy them to a new location, but i cannot delete the original files.

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

I am the Administrator, I'm the only user...

Matteo955

Re: Administrator lock out from delete file

Thu May 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Check file ownership: Right click on a file "locked" -> Properties -> Security
You have to check YOUR user permission (eg MyUser\Users or myuser[at]hotmail.com in W8), you should have Full Control of the file. If not, then permissions to take full control of the file.

GrimJahk

Fri May 22, 2015 9:35 am

Nope... still locked out. Cannot change ownership

"Unable to set new owner on xyz.avi.

Access is denied."

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 am

Hello!

We don't have a good solution for this issue.

If the video file is connected with other programs such as a video editor, video player, it could be happen.
(You may uninstall unnecessary programs or you may consider formatting your computer.)

GrimJahk

Wed May 27, 2015 8:10 am

Help me understand this... Bandicam is making files on my computer that I cannot remove, you don't know why, and your only recommendation is to remove my other programs or re-format my computer? Not even REMOTELY feasible.

Until I got this reply I thought that Bandicam was the best tool for my purposes... The reason I liked it was the ease of use and low barrier to entry... Now I have a full drive that I have to fight with to make usable again.

At the risk of sounding more upset than I already am...

Dogbert would be proud.

Dfactor

Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 am

This is an isolated case and everything points to the OS.
Bandicam creates files with "Full Control" permission for "Everyone".
Either your OS is misconfigured or you have malware.

GrimJahk

Wed May 27, 2015 1:43 pm

It is interesting you should say that... I have never seen this problem until I installed Bandicam. Permissions are set correctly. There is no malware on this box. I am religious about checking files before they are installed.

Alilxmas

Thu May 28, 2015 1:33 am

Not a solution but...an alternative.

I have in the past had this problem with other programs (leaving un-deletable things behind) but not any products I have gotten from bandicam.

What i did was use an older program I have used for years called... "Dr. Delete"
You can find it easily by searching from Google.

Basically you can run this program and select files to delete upon the next time your reboot/restart your computer. It will delete the files before windows even loads up.
Nice thing about it, is that it does not resister to your pc registry, and uninstall is simple as deleting the exe. Or run it from a flash drive.

GrimJahk

Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 am

Not a solution but...an alternative.

I have in the past had this problem with other programs (leaving un-deletable things behind) but not any products I have gotten from bandicam.

What i did was use an older program I have used for years called... "Dr. Delete"
You can find it easily by searching from Google.

Basically you can run this program and select files to delete upon the next time your reboot/restart your computer. It will delete the files before windows even loads up.
Nice thing about it, is that it does not resister to your pc registry, and uninstall is simple as deleting the exe. Or run it from a flash drive.
Thank you! I'll try this

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”