Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Joining 2 or more different videos together?

Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 am

Hello!
"We will try to offer the free updates for as long as we possibly can"
We are able to offer free updates for 5 years.
However, we may not be able to offer free updates for 50 years.

Bandicut will provide the joining function within a month and you can use the function without paying extra charges.
It is possible that we can release BandiJoiner, Bandi movie maker, etc. in the distant future.

carpless

Wed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm

lesson to be learnt, always try the trial version first. on the subject of joining more than one video, when you upgrade Bandicut can you do a bit more, so we can add fades etc to all the cuts and merges? this will then make it a brilliant slick program for you tubers. I currently use NCH Video pad, and its so slow compare with your program.... not worried about an export facility direct to you tube as \I always do this manually after saving file. will look out for updates on this progress.

Alilxmas

Thu May 28, 2015 1:07 am

Thanks for clearing that up... I just did not understand your statement. But your reply makes sense...

We are able to offer free updates for 5 years.
However, we may not be able to offer free updates for 50 years.

Also looking at the Bandicut "Merge" feature is what I was hoping for, not really joining files

mlmason75

Fri May 29, 2015 1:26 am

Hi,

When the Joining function is released will we be able to join any file type? Like for example can I join a MKV, MP4,WMV and MOV all together?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri May 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Yes, you will be able to join MKVs, MP4s, WMVs and MOVs all together with the Encoding mode.

However, at the moment it’s not possible to use the High-speed mode to join videos.

We will try to provide the joining function through the High-speed mode by the end of 2015.

mlmason75

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:26 am

Yes, you will be able to join MKVs, MP4s, WMVs and MOVs all together with the Encoding mode.

However, at the moment it’s not possible to use the High-speed mode to join videos.

We will try to provide the joining function through the High-speed mode by the end of 2015.
Cool I really can't wait for the High Speed Mode for joining different kinds of video files :)

Thanks for the info.

SnQQpy

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Postby Bandisoft » Thu May 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Bandisoft
Site Admin
You asked us - your customers and faithful supporters - to be patient about this but we're now a few days away from APRIL 2016, almost a year since your post and still NO HIGH SPEED MODE

After our patience, personally not pressed you guys in many months - don't you believe we deserve an explanation? So please explain why Bandicut still does not have this feature yet implemented?

Please give an ETA for HIGH SPEED MODE and this time a priority date you intend to keep?

PS I quoted Bandisoft above exactly and only highlighted your statement of May 2015 in bold to help readers focus on the salient point of this thread.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:20 am

We’re now updating the Bandicut core modules for supporting HEVC and improving performance.
It’s taking much longer than we expected.
If it is completed we will add support for other file formats to HIGH SPEED MODE .
It is difficult to support all formats at once, we’ll add one or two at once.
We’re sorry for the delay.

SnQQpy

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:20 am

We’re now updating the Bandicut core modules for supporting HEVC and improving performance.
It’s taking much longer than we expected.
If it is completed we will add support for other file formats to HIGH SPEED MODE .
It is difficult to support all formats at once, we’ll add one or two at once.
We’re sorry for the delay.
What the heck does this actually mean?
If it is completed...
I hope you meant to say when?

RE formats. Please be specific, there is enough ambiguity in your reply already - what are you referring to? Containers or Encoders?
we will add support for other file formats to HIGH SPEED MODE... we’ll add one or two at once
In addition to x/H265, at the very least from the start you should be supporting mp4/MPEG-4,mkv,avi containers and H.264/x264 codecs with appropriate audio eg AAC, AC3 etc.

For Lossless perhaps, Lagarith+PCM

While generally I use x264.avi and PCM, I usually compress to H/x264.mp4+AAC(FDK). I'm sure other readers would like to add to this?

I also notice you fail to mention ETA so what about NEW timescales for this?

NOTE: There's been close to 5000 views of this thread - that seems to indicate to me how important this issue is for many people, existing and future customers.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:28 pm

We're sorry that the Bandicut update was delayed.

1. I hope you meant to say when?
⇒ We’re sorry that we can’t let you know the exact time.
We’re doing our best now.

2. RE formats. Please be specific, there is enough ambiguity in your reply already - what are you referring to? Containers or Encoders?
Bandisoft wrote:we will add support for other file formats to HIGH SPEED MODE... we’ll add one or two at once
In addition to x/H265, at the very least from the start you should be supporting mp4/MPEG-4,mkv,avi containers and H.264/x264 codecs with appropriate audio eg AAC, AC3 etc.
⇒ We’ve said that we would add formats for ‘HIGH SPEED MODE’
But we can’t do it all at once.
We’ll try to expand the formats one at a time.

3. For Lossless perhaps, Lagarith+PCM

While generally I use x264.avi and PCM, I usually compress to H/x264.mp4+AAC(FDK). I'm sure other readers would like to add to this?
⇒ We’ll try to support it in the future, but we have to check the side-effect specific codec.
Please let us know why you want to use AAC(FDK).

4. I also notice you fail to mention ETA so what about NEW timescales for this?
⇒ Although we can’t promise the exact time, we will do it as soon as possible.

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”