hutai

Recorded AVI gets out of sync over time

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:58 am

Hello,

I have got a problem with a series of videos that I recorded with a friend. At the beginning of playback the video is fine but it gets slowly more and more out of sync.

The Bandicam version is 2.2.3.804

Those are my video / audio settings:

File Type: AVI
Size: Full Size
FPS: 60
Codec: Motion JPEG
Quality: 80

Audio Codec: PCM
channels: stereo
Frequency: 48000

I use Adobe Premiere Elements for editing and the properties of the video in elements says both that the video has "dropped frames" and around ~500 empty frames.

Since the video is going faster than the audio (i.e. you hear sounds some time after the thing has happened on the screen) my guess is that it might probably be due to the empty frames that are missing.

I have tried to find tools that fix the dropped frame problems but haven't been able to do so and Bandifix didn't help either but I think it's probably intended for broken AVIs and not for my case.

Just to be clear: I am not looking for settings to fix this in the future. I can figure that out. I have 4 hours of footage that I want to use and therefor fix.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Dennis

YonatanZamir

Re: Recorded AVI gets out of sync over time

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 am

I also have the same issue.
Help please!

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 am

If I can pop in, although I don't have this problem, I do know of a way to correct the audio being out of sync with the video - I had to figure out how to do it manually in the past when it happened once or twice (this is a manual way of correcting it):

In whatever video editing application you are using, separate the audio tracks and the video track. Then, scan through the video to find out when it is out of sync. After that, go back to an earlier point in the video and 'split' the audio. Then, move the audio clips so that they are in sync again with the video. You may also try to 'shrink' or speed-up the audio slightly to make it fit, as well (you don't have to do this though). If you do that last bit, the audio may change in pitch - whatever program you are using to edit the video with, may have an option to not change the pitch of the audio (to keep it the same).

There used to be a program that would try to correct for dropped frames (a by-product of telling it to correct Sync problems), I think it was VirtualDub. You could also try that, to see if you can find a setting that would correct the Sync in a more automated way, with that, too.

Good luck with it - and I hope it doesn't happen often for you!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Hello!

It might be a problem with your microphone.
Please disable your microphone and try it again.

You still can record your microphone without the "Two Sound Mixing" option.
http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_rec ... icrophone/

hutai

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:29 am

Hello!

It might be a problem with your microphone.
Please disable your microphone and try it again.

You still can record your microphone without the "Two Sound Mixing" option.
http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_rec ... icrophone/
I didn't record my microphone with Bandicam at all.
And I am also not looking for a solution for the future. As I stated, I am looking for a solution for my already recorded files ...

hutai

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:35 am

If I can pop in, although I don't have this problem, I do know of a way to correct the audio being out of sync with the video - I had to figure out how to do it manually in the past when it happened once or twice (this is a manual way of correcting it):

In whatever video editing application you are using, separate the audio tracks and the video track. Then, scan through the video to find out when it is out of sync. After that, go back to an earlier point in the video and 'split' the audio. Then, move the audio clips so that they are in sync again with the video. You may also try to 'shrink' or speed-up the audio slightly to make it fit, as well (you don't have to do this though). If you do that last bit, the audio may change in pitch - whatever program you are using to edit the video with, may have an option to not change the pitch of the audio (to keep it the same).

There used to be a program that would try to correct for dropped frames (a by-product of telling it to correct Sync problems), I think it was VirtualDub. You could also try that, to see if you can find a setting that would correct the Sync in a more automated way, with that, too.

Good luck with it - and I hope it doesn't happen often for you!
Thank you for your input! I was actually looking for a more tool based approach that would simply fix the dropped frames and therefor fix the sync issues. I found one tool that does that for videos recorded by a certain type of keychain camera, so unfortunately not really helpful for my case. :/

The sync options in Virtual Dub are very helpful if your track is async by a constant amount of time or if the increase in async is linear. Unfortunately the dropped frame problem is neither of those things as frames are being dropped irregularly all over the place and therefor async increases over time but not in a linear fashion.

I'll probably just have to do this manually...

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Dear hutai and YonatanZamir,

1. Do you use Windows 10?
What graphics card do you have?
Can you send the video file to bandicam@bandisoft.com?

2. To edit with Sony Vegas, download the latest version of Bandicam from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and try the MP4 container and the 'Prefer CFR' option as shown below:
- http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/sony-vegas/

hutai

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Dear hutai and YonatanZamir,

1. Do you use Windows 10?
What graphics card do you have?
Can you send the video file to bandicam@bandisoft.com?

2. To edit with Sony Vegas, download the latest version of Bandicam from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and try the MP4 container and the 'Prefer CFR' option as shown below:
- http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/sony-vegas/
Thanks for getting back to me.

1.: Yes, it's Windows 10. The graphics card is a GeForce GTX 760. I'll send you the video.

2.: I don't use Sony Vegas. I use Adobe Premiere Elements. I'll give this another try. As I said I am mainly looking for a fix for the already recorded footage though.

elitaerix

Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi,
my Videos are unfortunately asynchronously with Bandicam and Adobe Premiere too.
As a workaround, you can recode the video and sound files with XMedia Recode http://www.xmedia-recode.de/ and than go back to work with Adobe Premiere. I think it's a problem with 44.1kHz and 48kHz audio files, you have to unify on 44.1kHz or 48kHz.

elitaerix

Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:25 pm

One further note: You should save all audio-files als extra-files. Because maybe you have to remove the audio from the video and replace it with a recorded and then recoded file.

- elitaerix

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”