Nyvoren

Re: Can't Select HDMI Audio Input Device

Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm not sure if you've tried these things already, here is a couple suggestions while you wait.

1. Since you're aware your card is a rebadged Micomsoft , have you tried all the drivers available ?
You get one from Startech, one from Micomsoft and even one from the hardware manufacturer ( Yuan Tech )
http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/market/softwa ... driver.htm

2. If it still doesn't work, you can always use your program of choice ( OBS, Amarec TV, ect.. ) to "preview" the video / audio that the card is receiving. While in preview mode , the audio will play out of your default windows audio device and you can easily capture that with bandicam. You might need to adjust audio sync though.

PXAbstraction

Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:27 pm

The StarTech drivers actually cause severe CPU spikes on Windows 10 (known issue) so I am using the Micomsoft drivers which don't have that problem. Neither they or the StarTech drivers work with Bandicam. I had not considered your workaround solution for capturing audio but I'll definitely give it a shot. Needless to say though, it would be nice if Bandicam could handle this natively as the other applications do.

Nyvoren

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:48 am

A few small additions to the workaround idea. My original idea would not work because Windows will not let you open a directshow source twice ( such as video in one program and audio in another ). That being said, you could still use a program to fullscreen preview your source and then use screen capture in bandicam to record it.

One other possible idea is to use a virtual camera ( like Manycam ) to make your source ( capture card ) more compatible with bandicam's directshow code.

PXAbstraction

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 am

I've not heard of Manycam but I'll investigate that for sure. Any other Bandisoft ideas?

PXAbstraction

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:50 pm

So I tried out ManyCam (the free version anyway) and it also doesn't allow me to select the card as an audio source as far as I can tell. :(

xXGODZgamingXx

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:06 am

Hi i have the same problem with my datapath VisionLC-HD2 i need to set the audio input buts its greyed out aswell i can select with obs but n ot bandicam

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am

Hello xXGODZgamingXx,

It is normal that the video and audio input option is grayed out.
Usually you need to select the audio device on the Bandicam Recording settings window.

Please refer to the following FAQ page.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/multiple_sound_recording/

If you still have the same issue, please attach screenshots of the Bandicam Recording settings window and Windows Sound settings window.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”