vasouv

Best settings for capturing text?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:05 am

Good evening everyone. I'm interested in recording my screen when I'm writing code. When I installed Bandicam it detected the Intel QuickSync codec and told it to capture with that. I bumped the quality to 100 but the output video is still a bit fuzzy.

Is there maybe other settings of a better codec to capture text?

Sample Video

DrWolfsherz

Re: Best settings for capturing text?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:25 am

I recommend MagickYUV for everything. It is a lossless codec, which means exactly that: lolsless.

vasouv

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:01 am

Sorry for the late response, had been quite busy.

I tried the codec you mentioned and it did have nice clarity, but when I uploaded the video to YT it said it couldn't process it because it didn't recognize the codec used.

vasouv

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:50 pm

I noticed something yesterday night. In most of the programming channels I watch, the video quality is similar to mine; always on 720p but the video is a bit fuzzy. Probably due to the fact that these people don't worry that much about the recording itself; no after-editing or using weird codecs for maximum quality.

The probably just record the screen with the default settings their recording software provides and upload the video.

To be honest, I'll probably won't worry much about the quality, it's totally watchable and I don't feel like editing and such, I just want to upload some vids. I'm not recording games and I don't do it professionally. I'll just use Quick Sync and be done with it :)

abachler

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:51 am

Use MPEG-1 (VBR) and set the quality level to 100. I use quality 70 for games and have zero artifacts, so you may be able to get away with a lower setting. YouTube sometimes will re-encode videos and cause a loss is quality, but I've never had that happen with this codec, I'm guessing maybe its the format they use internally and the processing time is just for copyright infringement detection.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”