abachler

Feature request

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:40 am

I would like an option to pass the video frame by frame to a 3rd party DLL. Specifically in RGB format, but it would also be nice to be able to select other formats. I want to use bandicam for the capture and then process the video with code I write. Nothing fancy, simply a DLL with 3 functions, Initialize() - called when BC loads the DLL, , Capture() - called each frame to post the frames information, and Terminate() - when capture stops

Maybe two capture functions, one with the frame prior to bandicams adding the logo available on the registered version only, and another with the frame after the logo and free versions advert is added.

As I said, I specifically want the raw pixel information, as I will process it with some custom vision routines, such as edge detecting, object recognition etc.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Feature request

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello!

You may try "Bandicam SDK" from the link below:
http://www.bandisoft.com/sdk/bandi_capt ... /download/

(However, this SDK may not fully meet your needs.)

abachler

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:53 am

It does not have the feature I am looking for. I want to process the raw pixels for each frame. Currently to achieve this I am using a video capture card and looping the output of the video card back to the capture card with an S-Video cable, and then using DirectShow to capture the frames from the capture card. This method has several drawbacks,. First it requires a video capture card, which is a non-trivial expense for most end users. Second, the image quality is not very good. I have tried directly capturing the video using GDI and capturing device 0 but I get a lot of blank and partially drawn frames. So what I want to do is use Bandicam to handle the capture, as you obviously have implemented a better method, and then process the frame information through my vision filters. I want to use bandicam so that I can do this for pretty much any game without having to redevelop my basic framework every time.

The reason I suggested a DLL interface is because I am assuming that at some point in bandicams main loop, after it captures and processes the frame, but before it encodes the frame with whatever codec is selected, it has access to the raw frame information. Now, this may not be the case depending on how you set up the filter graph.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi,

We've forwarded your request to the development team.

Thank you for your suggestion.

abachler

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:23 am

My pleasure, feel free to contact me directly if you wish. I will assist you in any way I can,

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”