benmw

BANDISOFT !! YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Creators of Bandicam.

I really hope you're reading this post. First I would like to say I'v e been a user of bandicam for a long time and I've enjoyed using it but I can't express how frustrated I am with this issue!

I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

When recording a game in GAME CAPTURE mode (Mp4) . If you leave the game before clicking the STOP RECORD button, your file corrupts. The file is there in my ouput folder but on any media player it displays a black screen and 00:00

Once you have left the game, there is nothing you can do. I'm so angry. The amount of times I've put a good commentary in over the top of my gameplays and then I forget to click stop record before closing down my game, to then have a corrupt file is ridiculous. You really need to fix this.

I'm expecting your reply to say "make sure you click stop record before leaving the game" but we shouldn't have to. BANDICAM SHOULD STOP THE RECORDING IT'S SELF!!

I'm sure it's not hard to implement this feature.... If a user wishes to close his game the recording should STOP! NOT CORRUPT!

If this post is coming across rude and angry, well you're right. I've literally just experienced this for the second time this week after a very long recording session, putting all my heart and sould into a recording to come out with nothing. I have a lot of subscribers and this has now just delayed my schedule.

Sorry but not sorry for frustrated message.

Thank you.

KingTodd

Re: BANDISOFT !! YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:25 am

I would also have to agree, any other recording program would just end the video itself and can be played without being corrupted.

This is something that NEEDS to be coded into bandicam.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello!

Actually, Bandicam supports the function for which you asked.
If a user closes a game, the recording stops automatically.
However, the function doesn't work if the game doesn't close properly or the game is not refreshing/responding, etc.

Yes, we recommend users stop recording before leaving the game.

If you let us know the name of the games, we will try to replicate the bug.

benmw

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:46 am

Thank you for your reply.

I've calmed down a little now. lol. I really do not want to change programs as I do love Bandicam but this has happened with so many games. I always close down my games in the proper manner and it still corrupts.

I can confirm Rainbow Six Siege has the issue and I do play and record this often.

Is there a thread out there where we can report games that have this issue?

It's just an idea to create a sticky post where users can report , which games they have this issue with. Instead of users posting a whole thread for one game report. I'd be happy to report the names of the games and test and leave feedback.

Anyway. Thanks for your reply, I was so frustrated the other day after making multiple recordings and having it fail on me, just because i had forgotten to click stop record before closing down the game.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi,

We could recreate the problem you mentioned in Rainbow Six Siege.
We will try to find a solution for this issue.
Is there a thread out there where we can report games that have this issue?
You can edit your previous post (https://forum.bandisoft.com/viewtopic.p ... 760#p15503) to report other game titles since we have added this post in our bug tracking system.

Thank you very much for your report.

donovan.hays

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:16 am

I can confirm this is still a problem 3 years later. This problem occurs with Apex Legends. It is very frustrating and a ridiculous problem for a screen recording, with game mode option, software to have. Unacceptable. If the application window that is being tracked is closed, just stop the recording.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”