Gondorf5

Bandicam says it records, but doesn't. ???

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 am

Hello, I've been using Bandicam for several months to record game footage of Thief for my YouTube channel. I've pretty much gotten the basics of it figured out, but now something's gone wrong that is completely baffling me and has pretty much shut me down until further notice.

You see, I've started to play/record this new freeware game called Pulse. [on a side-note, I had registered a few hours/a day beforehand] The first recorded segments (two files about 16 minutes in total length) recorded just fine. However, a few days later when I went back to record the next segment, I got an empty .avi file.

At first, I figured "it must be corrupted." So, not wanting to lost that footage, I tried several things to fix it, including DivFix++, VLC and Format Factory. I also tried BandiFIx, which said that the file had no corruption. I always kept a copy of the original file unedited.

Eventually, I found out why I wasn't getting anything: The amount of recorded time on each .avi file read 00:00/00:00. What? But I had been recording for 15, 30, and one point over 45 minutes for some of those files! The FPS number was red while recording, so I know Bandicam "thought" it was recording my stuff: but it hadn't been.

To test and confirm this, I tried recording smaller 1-3 minute sessions using different settings, on both Bandicam and Pulse. I optimized speed in Pulse to fit the parameters of my first recording, started the recording in about the same spot as I had started in the video segments that worked, and adjusted and later reverted the Bandicam codecs and other potentially applicable settings. I went from full-screen to windowed. Nothing. I tried recording a segment of my desktop using the rectangle option. Nada. Now that I wasn't recording in full screen, i could see that Bandicam's Status bar at the bottom of it's window read:

Recording 00:00:00 161,0KB/240.6GB

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? :? More specifically, how to fix it?

Gondorf5

Re: Bandicam says it records, but doesn't. ???

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:58 am

I've figured it out, sort of.
It appears that Bandicam didn't appreciate my output directory, a subfolder of about 4 or 4 other subfolders.
Once I changed it to save the files to my Desktop, boom, recording like normal.

First question is still open: WHAT HAPPENED and WHY? :L

Decicus

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:59 am

Were you trying to save the files into a folder that might need administrative permissions? I know that Bandicam asks for admin permissions at launch, but that may still have been the issue.

Gondorf5

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 am

I don't think that's the issue, since I'm the administrator. :J

In other news, it stopped working again today, same problem and after a successful test recording. I recorded about an hour of footage, and I got the same result as last time. :(

Decicus

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:10 am

Just to get this out of the way; Did you ever try to re-install Bandicam?

Also, have you tried to change output folders again after it stopped working this time?

Gondorf5

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:26 am

I haven't tried reinstalled Bandicam yet, but I have changed the output folders again several times now that it's stopped working.

It's showing no real constant behavior now, because not even saving the files to the Desktop works now.
Oh, and also, the folder I had been trying to save it to was a folder in a folder in my Videos folder in Windows Explorer.

I guess I can try reinstalling Bandicam.

Gondorf5

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:04 am

Okay, reinstalled and updated Bandicam. Seems to record, but I'm gonna test it with Pulse.
Update in about five or so minutes.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi,

We've tried the game, but we couldn't reproduce the problem you mentioned.

It might be the problem with the administrator's privilege.
Please right-click the Pulse game icon, then choose "Run as an administrator" as shown below:

kendareru

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 am

I have this issue on only one game (so far). Anything else saves fairly well, but whenever I try to record a session of Stardew Valley, I get a blank .AVI file.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi kendareru,

We've tried Stardew Valley, but, we could record the game without any problem.

1. Did you use the 'Game Recording Mode' or 'Screen Recording Mode (https://www.bandicam.com/how-to/)'?

2. Press "Alt+Enter" to play the game in windowed mode, and try it again.

3. Reinstall the latest graphics card driver and Bandicam, and try it again.

If you still have the problem, please send a short video clip to bandicam@bandisoft.com

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”