kikokyle

Bandicam Recording files in Camtasia only one Audio Track

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi,
when I record with Bandicam on games, I can hear the sound during the game (game sounds). When I play the .avi file (the recording file), I can hear the two sound tracks, one being my commentary from my mic, and one being the game sounds. But when I import the file into Camtasia, and drag it into the track area, it only has Track Audio 1, and not both tracks, so I cannot edit the game sounds in Camtasia. So it's not splitting the audio tracks, but deleted the Audio Track 2 instead.
So basically it only puts the track of whatever's set to record in Primary Device.

My Bandicam Audio Recording Settings:

Channels: Stereo
Frequency:44100
Codec:MPEG-1 L2
Bitrate:192
And I have it set to record my Mic and Win7Sounds. Mic in primary, Win7 in secondary, but it doesn't make a difference in which order.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Kyle

Matteo955

Re: Bandicam Recording files in Camtasia only one Audio Trac

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:19 am

Camtasia seems to not support a video with double audio track.
Try to follow this tutorial, but I don't know if it will be useful or not.

kikokyle

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:52 am

Camtasia seems to not support a video with double audio track.
Try to follow this tutorial, but I don't know if it will be useful or not.
Well, if I use Camtasia Recorder, and I think Fraps, two audio tracks pop up. And if two don't for Fraps, then it mixes the two sounds (mic and Win&Sounds) into the one track. But when putting Bandicam's .avi files into Camtasia it seems to just delete the Second Audio Track (Win7Sounds, or whatever I set to record with 'Secondary Audio Device'). BUT if I play the file I hear both audios. LOL This is crazy. Drives me nuts.
My solution if none of you can help is to record the original Bandicam .avi file with Camtasia Recorder, but I don't think that will split the Audio Tracks. -_-

Matteo955

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:54 pm

When you play the video in VLC, does it show you 2 tracks or only 1 (you have to go in Audio -> Audio track)?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello,

If you want to edit the recorded streaming video, you should change the audio codec from "MPEG-1 L2" to "PCM".

For more information, see http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_edi ... ing_video/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”