ABSage

SERIOUS LAG ISSUES

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:02 am

The problem is really odd. I downloaded an update for bandicam, the most recent one, and since then my bandicam program has been giving me crap. It basically lags randomly. The thing is, it doesn't lag the game as I'm playing it at all. The fram rate doesn't drop, the game runs smoothly, but when I watch the recording, or open it in an editing program, the recording is sometimes SUPER laggy. The audio is fine, but the video is basically stop-motion.

I really like bandicam and want to find a way to resolve the issue because its hurting my Youtube business. Can you help me, or at least tell me a way to go back to a previous version of bandicam? Thanks.

Matteo955

Re: SERIOUS LAG ISSUES

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am

Did you try to uninstall and install again the newest version of Bandicam?

ABSage

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:45 am

I have not, so I guess I'll do that again right now. I hope it makes a difference. I HATE fraps and I don't wanna have to go back to it...

ABSage

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Did you try to uninstall and install again the newest version of Bandicam?
Tried it, didn't work. Any other suggestions? Any other way to downgrade to a previous version so I can avoid this issue?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello,

1. We think you have a codec problem with your media player.
1) Uninstall a kind of codec pack
2) Try VLC media player. It has less lag than other media player.
- VLC: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

2. You can download the old version from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/old/2 ... _1_113.EXE

ABSage

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello,

2. You can download the old version from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/old/2 ... _1_113.EXE
The old version HAS gotten rid of all the lag issues, but I was hoping for the version that allows 2 separate audio files to be recorded. I still want to record the Win7 Sound AND my microphone separately, so could I get a link to the version of bandicam that has that, but is before the version that lets you merge 2 audio files into one with Bandi's software?

ABSage

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Hello,

As for the CODEC problem, that isn't really the issue. I'm recording everything with Bandicam, but I edit and render my videos in Sony Vegas, which is something I have to do to make sure the sound and quality are the best. When I open the files there, SOME of the recordings are really laggy and bad. The audio is still fine, but the video recording is crap. The FPS overlay in-game never drops a whole bunch to let me know that its happening either. It just randomly does. I've started only recording in 2 minute chunks so that when it happens without me noticing, it'll only happen for 2 minutes tops. Still it look effing terrible in my videos and I want it to stop, so... the version before 1.7 that also records 2 separate audio files would be PERFECT. It worked like a charm before. I just want the good old version back.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:36 pm

1. Uncheck "Two Sound Mixing" to get the separate audio

2. Did you use "Motion JPEG" and "PCM" audio codec?

dmon

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:50 am

This sounds exactly like my problem and I've browsed through almost 10 pages of search results, but none of it could help me sort it out. I first started experiencing it with the 1.8 versions, I believe.

The games run fine while recording, any OpenGL or DirectX game, and the recorded video plays smoothly for the first few minutes but after at most 6 minutes the framerate drops so far, that it's really noticeably, and the video plays back really laggy, which is getting worse over time. The audio plays back perfectly fine throughout the video.

Regardless where they are played back (Sony Vegas, YouTube, VLC e.g.), using Motion JPEG, MPEG-1, or XviD encoding. I haven't tried the raw YUV and RGB formats yet, because I most likely don't have the hard drive space to record as much as I sometimes do.

I've been using version 1.8.1.240 up until now and will try installing 1.8.2 now, I'll also toggling "two sound mixing" which I prefer on or off depending on the situation, and try the less preferrable rectangle recording before posting another thought on it.

dmon

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:13 pm

I've done a couple 1 hr long recordings now, it seems that recording a rectangle on the screen keeps the video smooth for longer than 6 minutes but eventually the fps in the video file will deteriorate rapidly, with and without two sound mixing, and any of the codecs, using fullscreen or windowed modes for the games.

Then I finally did a 40min recording, disabling sound recording entirely, and the whole video was smooth as can be. I'll do some more tests without sound tomorrow, but eh... if it's really the sound recording from one or two sources, that's really bad. If you want to record the game sounds and do live commentary.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”