Denisowator

Can't record voice and game audio separately (URGENT).

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:30 pm

So I had this exact problem before, where I couldn't get the audio from my microphone, and the audio from the game to record and save as separate files.

I got a computer a few weeks back, and I've set the sound setting exactly the same as on the laptop.

It's set to save the audio while recording. And the first sound device is set to "default" while the second is disabled. This worked on my laptop, and now when I try it on my PC, I get the video file and the sound file. Both of which have both the game and microphone audio on them.

I need help really quickly. :(

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Can't record voice and game audio separately (URGENT).

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Hello Denisowator,

if the second sound device is disabled, you can only get one audio track, as Bandicam records a single one only.

So it seems that you provide both, your mic and the Windows sound to Bandicam via one mixed track.

There's a few reasons that could cause this.

If you have Windows Sound (WASAPI) or a single sound source (e.g. "Speaker (Realtek HD Audio)") selected and the issue persists, you probably have some kind of software enabled, that plays back what the mic pics up through the speakers.

If you have your primary recording device set to a microphone, it is likely that you just record the mic and what it picks up from the speakers.

The last thing I can think of would be that your primary sound device is a mixed device.

In that case open up your control panel (via rickt-clicking the Home button and selecting control panel and open up "Sound" (in case it doesn't appear, you might want to change the view-settings on the top-right to symbols) and have a look at what your primary sound device is.

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Denisowator

Re: Can't record voice and game audio separately (URGENT).

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello Zuzu. Just letting you know that I couldn't get it to work, but thank you anyway for your help.

I could however find a workaround.

Basically what happens when I have the secondary device set to my microphone, is the video has both audios in it, which is not what I want since I need to edit my voice post-recording. However the voice and game audio is saved as separate files, while also being merged with the video file.

I'm currently using Windows Movie Maker to edit the videos, and what I found out, is that although the voice is being merged with the video, it is saved as an extension of sorts. Basically the video file appears with the voice as another audio file, and the actual video clip has only the game audio on its own. So I can just cut the voice from the video clip, and put in the edited voice from the external file.

Hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue in the future.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”