GenericPerson#432

Re: MagicYUV codec problems

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:28 am

So, apparently, the creator of MagicYUV has figured out why Bandicam has issues recording large (100GB+) MagicYUV videos.

"So we solved the issue with Cloudstrifeff7, this is just a summary of what was the problem.

First, the AVI created by Bandicam was incorrect, it had a corrupt index entry for the very first frame, pointing to a random location inside the file. This caused programs to present garbage data to the codec, which made it crash.

I couldn't find any program which could fix the index for an AVI with multiple audio tracks. ffmpeg cannot be told to ignore the index, DivFix++ croaks on large files, mencoder cannot handle multiple audio tracks, AVIMaster was still working after 2 hours.

So instead I fixed the codec to check more thoroughly if it gets garbage. This makes the first frame unreadable, but programs simply ignore it then.

The fix will be included in 2.0.0rc2.

Apart from this, Bandicam should also probably be fixed, as it creates a bad index for the first frame when recording large files."

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:37 am

Hello GenericPerson#432,

Thank you for your report.
We've forwarded it to our development team!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello GenericPerson#432,

Did you send a file to the creator of MagicYUV?
For further investigation, is it possible for you to send one of the corrupted video files to bandicam@bandicam.com?

Thank you.

DrWolfsherz

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:53 am

I can confirm that files above ~120 GB are corrupted and are not readable by VirtualDub (to extract Audio Streams) or Sony Movie Studio.

This is the main reason why I had to switch over to Dxtory, because my recordings end up at around 80 - 150GB mostly. Doing an automated split is not an option as there are always some seconds lost.

If this problem can be fixed I will gladly return to Bandicam, as this is still actively developed where Dxtory has problems with newer games, especially with newer implementations of OpenGL.

I am using MagicYUV Codec on 1440p resolution with 60 frames per second.
Do not ask for a sample file unless you provide a space to upload a 150GB file. I always need to hold back hard laughs when you ask for sample videos sent via email (there is usually a 15MB restriction on many mailservers). Please refrain from asking. I dont think anyone is able to fulfill this request.

DrWolfsherz

Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:37 am

I have found out, that it is not only a problem with MagicYUV. I have the same problems occur with UTVideo Codec.

Attached is the crashdump from VirtualDub accessing the 148GB file recorded with Bandicam.
Note the error occurs when accesing the first frame (0).

Obviously the Bandicam Encoder garbles all files that are above a specific size. Good that MagicYUV-Developer has a workaround for this issue with the next release. But the problem needs to be fixed by Bandisoft, as the same error arises with UTVideo.
Attachments
crashinfo.txt
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 517 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello DrWolfsherz,

We appreciate your additional information.
We've forwarded your report to our development team and they will investigate further.

Thank you.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:57 am

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that we've fixed the bug where there was an index error with over 150GB AVI files encoded by the MagicYUV codec.
It will be available in the next update which is scheduled for release next week.

We appreciate you all for your effort to report the issue.

Thank you.

DrWolfsherz

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 am

GREAT! Thank you so much!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that we've fixed the bug.
Please install Bandicam 3.3.3 from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and check its performance.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”