GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: "Failed to initialize codec"

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:31 am

~It was a 60 Fps originally, I was just testing some things so please ignore anything in the background.

~Tried, gave the same error.

~I would like to stay as my current codec because it is the one that has the best quality for me (personally). I also need it as mp3 because avi does not work with Sony Vegas and has a lower quality.

~Have yet to try this, will inform you once I do.
If I may pop in, AVI works with Vegas with no problem, it is just a container, holding whatever codec you set, inside - what codec/settings for recording? I can try help Tweak them with you, if you'd like.

The container (AVI/MKV/MP4) does not affect Quality, the codec used inside of the container and the settings only affect Quality.

I would be happy to help you to get it working with Vegas, if you have the time (around this other problem you have). Good luck

Edit:
I see your settings in the Screenshot of Bandicam - with NVENC/CUDA/etc you need to use a Keyframe Interval of "1" or else Vegas can't handle the VFR (Variable Frame Rate) and GOP (Group Of Pictures), and it will either not import, or result in 'glitchy' looking 'trails' in the video when things move (things change between the frames). It will take up more space (and need higher bitrate to keep the same amount of Quality), because it does not have the 'extra room' between frames to compress the little differences between them - but it will work (ie. NVENC codec inside of the AVI container, using a Keyframe Interval of "1").

ATOMICPUNK

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 am

- Windows Version: Windows 8 64bit
- Graphic card model: Nvdia Gforce GTX 760
- Graphics card driver version: 350.12
- Bandicam version: 2.0.2.655
- Bandicam mode: 'DirectX/OpenGL window'
- Codec: H.264 (Nvdia NVENC)

Confirmation,. NVIDIA Ready Driver is the culprit. I spent some time today rolling back NVIDIA drivers, Then testing Bandicam until I found the driver that has no conflicts. Ready Driver Version 350.12

Dfactor

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:56 am

You're running an outdated version of Bandicam that doesn't support NVENC on post 352.86 drivers.

ATOMICPUNK

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:28 pm

You're running an outdated version of Bandicam that doesn't support NVENC on post 352.86 drivers.
LOL!, Thats hilarious because if that version didn't support NVENC Then how could I have selected it in the list of codecs?,. Actually, You'd have to go back as far as bandicam version 1.8.9.371 for non NVENC support.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my post,. I rolled back NVIDIA drivers until I found the one that have no conflicts with the last 2 Bandicam builds, Which is NVIDIA Ready Driver 350.12. Take it or leave it, I can care less. My problem solved! Good luck with with yours.

Matteo955

Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:10 pm

He refers to compatibility between Bandicam and driver version.
Anyway, a new Bandicam version should be near the release time. You just have to wait a little to try it.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that the "Failed to initialize codec" issue is now fixed.
Please install Bandicam 3.3.1 from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and check its performance.

Thank you.

suvankar

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Guys I have Bandicam vr. 3.3.2.1195
But the problem is same !! I am not able to record my GTA SanAndreas game.. :cry:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:46 am

Hello suvankar,

1. Please uninstall the current graphics driver and install the latest version of it and try recording again.

2. If the graphics memory is not enough, it might happen.
Please turn off other programs such as Nvidia's Shadowplay, AMD’s Gaming Evolved Client and try it again.

3. Do you see the error message when you choose the "H264 (CPU)" video codec? (No. 3)

4. Do you have the same issue with other games?

Please let us know your result.

Thank you.

PanCatHere

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:56 pm

I changed codec to intel and that worked you can try changing to another codec

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”