davidinark

Bandicam sits at 00:00:00

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Sometimes, when I try to record, Bandicam just sits at 00:00:00. The camera shows in the little preview window and the REC acts like it is recording, but nothing actually gets stored. I am running version 3.3.3.1209

If I reboot, I can record again, so something is keeping a memory lock (or leak) with Bandicam. Restarting my computer when I want to record each time is *NOT* a fix.

I've tried switching the output drive, the codec, with/without the facecam, updated video drivers, etc... Nothing fixes it other than restarting the computer.

I am running Windows 8.1 with an i7-4770, 24 GB RAM, 8GB 1070 Nvidia GPU, 1 TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam sits at 00:00:00

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi davidinark,

We guess it might be a problem with anti-virus software.
Currently there is a Kaspersky user who reported to us that Bandicam works with no problem only when running the first, second, and third time after a clean install.
Please try recording again after closing your anti-virus software.
If it works, you need to add Bandicam to the whitelist.
Please let us know your result.

Thank you.

davidinark

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Heya! Okay, here is my follow-up after some extensive troubleshooting.

My issue seemed to be related to the microphone (Blue Yeti) no longer responding to the system. The mic would not work in other software (Audacity, ShadowPlay, etc). I actually rebooted my computer "warm" (that is, I did not power it off but simply told it to restart) and that did *NOT* fix the Bandicam issue nor the Yeti issue.

When I actually powered off the computer, then restarted it, things worked again!!

so, the issue seems to be when Bandicam can't find the microphone, it doesn't know how to handle that when the computer thinks the mic is there. It's not really a Bandicam fault, but perhaps there is some kind of error-checking that can be done, I don't know.

I fired up the Device Manager and under the USB settings, I disabled power-saving for all my USB Hubs/ports, so hopefully that will cure the problem. I will also keep an eye out on my antivirus. I use Avast Free.

Hope this helps someone else and/or helps you guys look for a way for the software to detect a malfunctioning device that Bandicam is expecting (maybe not. Like I said, I'm not even sure that's a feasible check).

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi davidinark,

Thank you for your additional report.
We've forwarded it to our development team.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”