FoxTwo

Game Crashes on DX12

Wed May 10, 2017 10:10 pm

I tried to search, but did not find any results.

Anyway, has anyone else encountered game crashes when the game is set to DX12 and Bandicam is running (either before or after game has loaded)?

For example - The Division - when I set it DX12, it just won't run as long as Bandicam is loaded.

For Quantum Break, same deal... game won't load past intro movies.

However as soon as I set them both back to DX11, no problems.

In case you guys are saying it's my PC - no it's not. If I run both games at DX12 and Bandicam is NOT LOADED AT ALL, they run fine. Even nvidia Shadowplay records them both fine.

Yes I have the DX12 checkbox ticked in Bandicam.

No I'm not saying they crashed when I try to start recording with Bandicam. I'm saying "as long as Bandicam is loaded, games set to DX12 won't run".

Derolabic

Re: Game Crashes on DX12

Wed May 10, 2017 11:12 pm

same issues ....

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon May 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello,

It might be a problem with Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft Visual Package or graphics card driver.

1. Didn't you install "Windows 10 Creators Update"?

2. Do you play "Tom Clancy's The Division" on Steam?
If you play "Tom Clancy's The Division" on Steam, please try the solution below:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/365590/d ... 550592384/
(We failed to launch this game on Windows 10 no matter what we do. We think this issue is related to "Windows 10 Creators Update".)

3. Do you play "Quantum Break" on Windows 10 or Steam?
We could play "Quantum Break" on Windows 10 store without any problems.

FoxTwo

Tue May 16, 2017 3:13 am

Hi Bandicam devs,

Yes both the games mentioned are played in Win10 on Steam.

And no, none of the games have any issues when I run then on DX12 WITHOUT Bandicam. I am able to play them, just not able to have Bandicam loaded when I do.

DX12 games crashes even before the creator's update. I just never got around to posting about it. I noticed it as far back as late 2016 when I noticed Bandicam "supports" DX12. I was kinda just hoping quietly that newer releases of Bandicam might fix this problem, but it seems this problem never got fixed, so I wrote this post.

As I said, it's not the act of trying to record or the game having issue... it's just as soon as Bandicam is loaded, game crashes. If Bandicam is running BEFORE I run the game, the game usually does not run after intro movies. If I let the game run until main menu, THEN I load Bandicam, the game instantly crashes.

Other recording software that supports DX12 recording (eg Shadowplay) do NOT crash the games, even when I activate the manual recording.

This leads me to suspect Bandicam overlay causing a conflict, or the method that Bandicam uses to "hook" into DX12 games.

TDCat

Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm

I have exactly the same issue. It does seem to be somewhat game dependent. The symptoms are that the game will crash as soon as it loads into the real game (so the true rendered stuff...not intro screens) as long as Bandicam is loaded. Works fine without.

It doesn't matter if it's recording or not. If it's hooked to that .exe it kills it.

I am using Win 10 Pro (Creators Update)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

I've tried CPU H.264 and NVENC H.264. Both fail.

Any clues?

TDCat.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri May 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your additional report.
Could you check if you have the same issue with the Xvid and MPEG-4 codecs?

We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.

FoxTwo

Sat May 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi Bandicam devs,

As mentioned earlier, it does not matter if Bandicam is set for AVI or MP4, Xvid, Motion-Jpeg, external codec, H264 etc (yes already tested).

As long as Bandicam is in memory together with the game, the game crashes on DX12. There is no chance to even start a recording.

1. Bandicam loaded, game does not run - it crashes.

2. No Bandicam loaded, game runs fine, can play.
2a. During play, if load bandicam, game crashes immediately after Bandicam splash screen.
2b. During play, if load other recording s/w like OBS, Shadowplay, game continues to run properly.

3. This issue takes a little bit longer to happen if the game is set to "windowed mode". Sometimes the game can go to main menu, but it will always fail to "start" the actual game (load old save, continue campaign etc). The end result is the same - game still crashes with Bandicam loaded.

All the above happens without me trying to start recording.

Hope this helps your devs to track the issue down.

Pestilence460

Mon May 22, 2017 1:46 am

I have found that if you have Msi afterburner running also that the game would crash.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your report.
We've forwarded it to our development team and they are investigating it.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

otko21

Fri May 26, 2017 4:44 am

please fix crash on the division dx12 uplay version
and deus ex md dx12

also far cry 4/primal and ac series has issue in this games bandicam shows me double fps
for ex: i have real 90fps bandicam shows 180

sapphire nitro fury oc+
intel i7 6700k
msi z170a m7
freesync monitor
latest video drivers
windows 10 pro x64 cu

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”