Pulcinella

Playback volume too low?

Sun May 28, 2017 3:48 am

I would record some gameplay on Hawken, playing with loud music, and when I look back at the recording it the volume would be lowered. I didn't change any global volume settings and I haven't set anything so that it is automatically lowered for recording. While I'm playing the volume is fine, it's just when watching the footage, the volume is significantly lowered. I've tried looking into my audio settings and I didn't see any issues. Out of nowhere it turns out fine in a test recording when I haven't changed anything.

I thought the problem fixed itself, until it popped up again when I recorded another game, Vindictus. Again, I looked in and out of every settings window and found nothing. Later, it fixed itself.

Again, thought I didn't have to worry about it, but it's become a problem again when I've recorded The Crew gameplay.

I do not understand why Bandicam, or some other program perhaps, is doing this to my recordings. Would anybody please help? It's frustrating me to no end.

Windows 8.1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Bandicam 2.3.0.832
Recording using Directx/OpenGl window

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Playback volume too low?

Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Pulcinella,

First, please install the latest version of Bandicam.
And then, please refer to the following page and increase the output volume of the default sound device. (Step 2-2)

https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_ ... x_problem/

If you still have the same issue after that, please let us know.

Thank you.

Pulcinella

Tue May 30, 2017 6:33 am

Updated and following step 2.2 changed nothing. Still extremely quiet audio. It's only a problem during game recording mode. The sound checks out fine if it's in screen recording mode. During the recording the audio bar at the top showing the audio levels barely spike while recording when obviously there is loud music playing and game sound fx.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed May 31, 2017 11:34 am

Hello Pulcinella,

Thank you for getting back to us.
Please attach screenshots of the Bandicam Recording settings window and the Windows Sound settings window.

Thank you.

Pulcinella

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Ah, I didn't notice the latest update has added a audio output slider in the video recording settings. It's fixed my issues~ So thank you~ Although, it likes to reset to 50% whenever I record a different game. Odd but manageable~

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi Pulcinella,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been solved.
it likes to reset to 50% whenever I record a different game.
We were not able to find the volume reset issue you reported.
It might be a problem with the driver of the default sound device.

Thank you.

klkantz

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:40 am

can anyone tell me how to get video and sound in one file again? i am assuming the updated software broke it into 2 files, sound and video, but i do not have video editor, nor do i wish to waste more time trying to overlay and sync up sound and video. I never had this problem before today.

thanks

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi klkantz,

We are not sure about your issue.
What do you mean by "the updated software broke it into 2 files, sound and video"?
What files do you get?

First, please install the latest version of Bandicam.
And then, please refer to the following page.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_ ... x_problem/

If it doesn't seem to help, please attach the screenshot of the Bandicam Recording settings window and the Windows Sound settings window and let us know the file names.

We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.

klkantz

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 am

i have installed the latest version and that is where the difference is, i was using an older version before. I used to have just ONE file, a MP4, now i have the MP$ and a wave file (2) files. So if i watch the MP4 i have no sound, if i open the wav file i have no video, i need ONE file like it used to be.

klkantz

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 am

i cant post images here? how di i show screenshot? I have to save images? should be able to just copy paste, to much work to save, find and upload. (it does not ask me where image is??

i am not sure how to put images on here. but i do not have one of the options it says to open in system panel, i have speakers default, i set the record volume to 90%, and it records sound but in a separate file. I also have a USB microphone, not sure if that matters or not. But it was making 2 files without the mic.

(what do i put here? if i dont have a place to host image???)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”