GameTipsAndMore Blog

"Rectangle on a Screen" records 'stuck in corner'

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm

In version 4.0.1.1339, it appears that Bandicam is recording in "Rectangle on a Screen" mode 'starting from the upper-left corner'. That is, wherever the rectangle is placed, it only records starting from the upper-left into a YxZ size video.

Also, in Screenshots in "Rectangle on a Screen" Mode, the UI for Bandicam is seen.

Attached, is a Screenshot showing the video result and the UI can be seen in the Screenshot itself. (The rectangle was placed in a different area completely, when the recording was done)
bandicam 2017-11-20 - recording from corner and screenshots include rectangle (roas).jpg
bandicam 2017-11-20 - recording from corner and screenshots include rectangle (roas).jpg (99.06 KiB) Viewed 36010 times
I am liking the new interface look however, and Bandicam performs great otherwise, in Game Recording Mode and Fullscreen Mode and Around Mouse mode - keep up the great work!

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: "Rectangle on a Screen" records 'stuck in corner'

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello GameTipsAndMore Blog,

Could you explain how to recreate the issue step by step so that we can test it?

Thank you.
Hello Sirs,

I would be happy to - here are the steps I took in recording that small video:

1. Open Bandicam, configure recording settings (I used h264cpu and NVIDIA NVENC) in the Video section
2. Select "Rectangle On A Screen" Mode, choosing a Resolution (anything smaller than full size resolution)
3. Position the recording area somewhere on the screen
4. Click Record (either on the Recording Toolbar or the main interface, it does not seem to matter)
5. Stop recording after a short time and view the recording output
6. ((It is possible these steps may have to be repeated, if it seems to work properly, record and stop a couple of times))
7. The output will eventually appear to be recorded 'starting/stuck from the upper-right corner' (as though the recording rectangle was placed in that corner) and it will keep the resolution from the setting chosen in the pull-down menus, chosen under "Rectangle On A Screen"

I hope those steps are clear enough to assist in recreating these symptoms. If not, please let me know and I can rephrase or add additional steps.

Good luck with it!

Dfactor

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:47 am

Can confirm that I had the same issue over a month ago.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:01 am

Can confirm that I had the same issue over a month ago.
Thanks for popping in, Mr.D!

It has been happening rarely off and on, so I can't seem to find any pattern... Thank you for solidifying that it was actually occurring and not just in my head :lol:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Thank you for your explanation.
We are still not able to recreate your issue with Bandicam 4.0.2.

Could you get back to us with the information below?
1. Which corner is recorded? Upper right or left?
2. What is the resolution settings? You said it was "anything smaller than full size resolution", but could you tell us the specific resolution you have the problem with?
3. Please uncheck the "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option, and tell us the result.
4. Please let us know your PC specs.

Thank you.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Hello Dfactor,

1. Do you have the exact same issue as GameTipsAndMore Blog?
2. What are the resolution settings?
3. Please uncheck the "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option, and tell us the result.

Thank you.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Thank you for your explanation.
We are still not able to recreate your issue with Bandicam 4.0.2.

1. Which corner is recorded? Upper right or left?
2. What are the resolution settings? You said it was "anything smaller than full size resolution", but could you tell us the specific resolution you have the problem with?

Thank you.
You are most welcome. I would be happy to provide that information if it may help.

Here are my answers:

1. The recorded corner "begins" at the upper-left, even if the rectangle is placed elsewhere on the screen/desktop.
2. I have tested with various Rectangle resolutions, from 320x240 Preset, to 1280x720 Preset. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a pattern. However, once it is 'triggered' and stops working properly (sticking in the upper corner), it will stay capturing in that manner, no matter what resolution is checked.
3. I will try this and edit this post once I have done this test. Sorry I could not do it at the time of this posting.
4. PC Specs follow:
AMD FX-8350 CPU
NVIDIA GTX 1060-3GB GPU
16 GB Patriot Viper RAM
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P MOBO
Windows 10 Home version 1703
OS build 15063.726
NVIDIA Drivers 388.31
Bandicam version 4.0.1.1339

If I may add, in case it will assist, there was a larger Update to Windows 10 recently. I do not know if it is related to that, but NVIDIA SHADOWPLAY/SHARE/IN-GAME-OVERLAY has also been malfunctioning. When it seems to stop capturing on command, I need to go into the GeForce Experience application and 'restart' the In-Game Overlay. Then, the NVIDIA capture utility works once again.

In case is helps others that experience this issue with NVIDIA In-Game Overlay, here is where I 'restart' the "Shadowplay" recording utility of NVIDIA GeForce Experience (in the Settings area), when the NVIDIA In-Game Overlay stops recording or capturing:
bandicam 2017-11-27 - Example of needing to disable NVIDIA Share_Shadowplay_In-game-overlay sometimes now.jpg
bandicam 2017-11-27 - Example of needing to disable NVIDIA Share_Shadowplay_In-game-overlay sometimes now.jpg (189.4 KiB) Viewed 35906 times
Also, with Bandicam, I can use the NVENC codec for a long time, but once I choose a software codec (h264cpu, MPEG4) it seems to bring about the 'corner stick' issue more quickly (sometimes occurring as soon as I try, say, h264cpu codec). Once it 'sticks to the corner' in capturing, I can switch back to NVENC and it will still remain 'stuck' recording from the corner'. However, I cannot find a pattern to the 'corner stuck' issue, in general.

Here is a Bandicam Screenshot capture of GeForce Experience (taking a Screenshot with Rectangle On A Screen), showing how Bandicam was 'stuck capturing from the upper-left corner' (even though the Rectangle was placed near the center of the Desktop area) - as you can see, the Rectangle 'flashed yellow', but took a Screenshot 'starting from the upper-left corner of the desktop area' (Rectangle On A Screen, 1280x720 Size Preset):
bandicam 2017-11-27  - Example screenshot taken starting from corner, instead of taken in rectangle area.jpg
bandicam 2017-11-27 - Example screenshot taken starting from corner, instead of taken in rectangle area.jpg (200.96 KiB) Viewed 35906 times
That's all I have for now, but please let me know if I can assist with any further information. Good luck with it, guys!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Thank you for getting back to us.
Now we ask you one more question. Do you have the same issue with Bandicam 4.0.2, too?
We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 am

Thank you for getting back to us.
Now we ask you one more question. Do you have the same issue with Bandicam 4.0.2, too?
We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.
You're most welcome!

I'm sorry, I did not see the New Release Version of Bandicam.
I did a few tests with the "Rectangle On A Screen" Mode of capturing.

Unfortunately, yes it did still seem to be 'stuck' recording from the upper-left corner, despite the Rectangle being placed in the middle of the desktop area (the Bandicam interface itself was placed in the upper-left corner) - here is the result of a short recording with this issue still showing (a frame extracted from the video (single image) will be shown below):
bandicam 2017-11-28 07-46-53-833.mp4_snapshot_00.00_[2017.11.28_07.47.37] test corner capturing issue.jpg
bandicam 2017-11-28 07-46-53-833.mp4_snapshot_00.00_[2017.11.28_07.47.37] test corner capturing issue.jpg (60.85 KiB) Viewed 35878 times
Although the Bandicam interface was placed in the upper-left corner, the Rectangle to Record was placed in the center of the desktop area (but as can be seen above, the video was recording as though the recording Rectangle was placed in the upper-left corner..). This was with the H264CPU codec. This issue does not seem to occur with the NVENC codec, unless I switch to the H264CPU codec - then the issue will arise and continue if I switch back to the NVENC codec.

There is however an issue that does seem to occur even with the NVENC codec - I noticed a slight issue [that occurs with any codec] where the Rectangle is capturing the "rectangle itself" as part of the screen capture, if the Rectangle is moved while recording . A short GIF example, converted in Honeycam, is below [I actually was moving the Recording Rectangle On A Screen side to side slowly, the speed of the GIF is slightly faster]:
Honeycam 2017-11-28 08-10-15 testing rectangle record issue .gif
Honeycam 2017-11-28 08-10-15 testing rectangle record issue .gif (578.81 KiB) Viewed 35878 times
The option to Show Mouse Cursor (capture it in the recording) was set to ON in the above test; but it also appears to be capturing not only the Mouse, but also the 'original mouse' that was part of the operating system interface, resulting in 'two mice' in the capture output (as well as the Red Rectangle [which should not be seen in the output?])...

I would be happy to provide additional information at any time. Feel free to let me know if you would like me to perform any other tests that may help out in any way.

HTH,GL!

((Hope That Helps, Good Luck))
Last edited by GameTipsAndMore Blog on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you for the additional report.
Please let us know the result if you have the same issue when you uncheck "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”