FoxTwo

Enabling DX12 Interferes with Steam and Uplay Overlays

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:23 am

Just a quick heads up:

Recently I started noticing that more and more games seem to have Steam and Uplay Overlays being disabled. However the same games have these overlays on my other PC.

So I started troubleshooting and found that from Bandicam version 3.44 onwards (where the DX12 hooking was fixed), the overlays started to get disabled. Going to 3.42 brought the overlays back.

So on the latest version, 4.02, I un-checked DX12 hooking, and the Steam and Uplay Overlays came back.

One example of a game having this issue is Assassin's Creed Unity.

Not really an urgent issue, but would be nice if it got fixed.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Enabling DX12 Interferes with Steam and Uplay Overlays

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

We are not able to find the overlay issue with Steam and Uplay while recording the game with Bandicam 4.0.2 when running the game in DirectX 11.
Could you explain how to run Assassin's Creed Unity in DirectX 12 for further investigation?

We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.

FoxTwo

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

We are not able to find the overlay issue with Steam and Uplay while recording the game with Bandicam 4.0.2 when running the game in DirectX 11.
Could you explain how to run Assassin's Creed Unity in DirectX 12 for further investigation?

We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
No, not recording. It's RUNNING the game. And the game doesn't need to be in DX12. It can be DX11, DX9 etc. The overlays get disabled from Steam or Uplay.

If Bandicam is LOADED, no Steam or Uplay overlays will be enabled with DX12 hooking checked. Meaning when u run AC Unity with Bandicam loaded, SHIFT-TAB will not bring Steam overlay up, SHIFT-F2 will not bring Uplay overlay up.

When DX12 hooking is NOT CHECKED in bandicam, the overlays appear fine when SHIFT-TAB or SHIFT-F2 is pressed in the game.

I am not talking about the Bandicam overlay. The FPS counter shows up fine in all cases. Bandicam is able to record fine.

AC Unity is just one example of a game with this problem. Another game showing this problem is THE SABOTEUR.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We were not able to recreate your issue with Bandicam 4.0.2.
The overlay of the Steam(Tab+Shift) and Uplay(Tab+F2) is available with Bandicam 4.0.2 running and DirectX12 checked.
However, we've found that there was another user who had reported the same issue and our development team will investigate it further.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”