GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: "Rectangle on a Screen" records 'stuck in corner'

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:53 am

Hello GameTipsAndMore Blog,

Thank you for the additional report.
Please let us know the result if you have the same issue when you uncheck "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option.

Thank you.
You are most welcome - hey thank you for reminding me, I completely forgot about that!

TESTING.......

Success!
:geek:
I did a few tests with the "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" unchecked (OFF) and it worked! I even tried switching to NVENC codec and back to H264CPU codec (it still worked) and I tried restarting Bandicam as well, choosing H264CPU codec (it still worked). Here is an example of recording with that option turned off (GIF'd by Honeycam):
Honeycam 2017-12-01 10-47-13 testing rectangle record issue with Enhanced Capture unchecked - .gif
Honeycam 2017-12-01 10-47-13 testing rectangle record issue with Enhanced Capture unchecked - .gif (681.88 KiB) Viewed 30403 times
I hope this can assist in finding the source of this issue. Good luck with it!

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 am

Sorry, I must pop back in to say that the issue still occurs, even with the NVENC codec or others that seemed to help before; with the "Use enhanced capture method" UNCHECKED, sadly :(

Recording in Rectangle on A Screen Mode still 'records starting from the upper-left corner', even with this option disabled (or enabled, it doesn't seem to matter).

Good luck with this tough issue!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:26 pm

In version 4.0.1.1339, it appears that Bandicam is recording in "Rectangle on a Screen" mode 'starting from the upper-left corner'.
Do you have the problem with Bandicam 4.0.0.1331 or Bandicam 3.4.4.1264?
- Bandicam 4.0.0.1331: http://www.filepuma.com/download/bandic ... 331-16366/
- Bandicam 3.4.4.1264: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/BDCA ... target=old

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 am

In version 4.0.1.1339, it appears that Bandicam is recording in "Rectangle on a Screen" mode 'starting from the upper-left corner'.
Do you have the problem with Bandicam 4.0.0.1331 or Bandicam 3.4.4.1264?
- Bandicam 4.0.0.1331: http://www.filepuma.com/download/bandic ... 331-16366/
- Bandicam 3.4.4.1264: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/BDCA ... target=old
You are most welcome.

Here is my findings:

With 4.0.0.1331 , the issue did occur; but not every time a recording was made (it would occur sometimes but not others), but it was present.
Here is a Frame from a recorded video where the issue did occur.
(X)
bandicam 2017-12-05 test corner capture issue 4.0.0 = intermittent.jpg
bandicam 2017-12-05 test corner capture issue 4.0.0 = intermittent.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 30342 times
With 3.4.4.1264 , the issue did not occur at all, despite changing codecs many times and trying different Rectangle resolutions.
This was with the “Use enhanced capture method” option ‘Checked’ (Enabled).
Here is a Frame from a recorded video, showing the 'corner stuck issue' is not occurring.
(O)
bandicam 2017-12-05 test corner capture issue 3.4.4 = issue did not occur.jpg
bandicam 2017-12-05 test corner capture issue 3.4.4 = issue did not occur.jpg (132.26 KiB) Viewed 30342 times
I did a full Uninstall each time, before Installing the other version of Bandicam.

I hope that helps in some way :geek:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

Does it occur only when you are changing the rectangle position on the desktop while recording?
Do you have the same issue when the rectangle windows stays at the same position from the beginning to the end of the recording?

Thank you.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

Does it occur only when you are changing the rectangle position on the desktop while recording?
Do you have the same issue when the rectangle windows stays at the same position from the beginning to the end of the recording?

Thank you.
You are most welcome - I'm happy to help, if I can.

1. I do not know if changing the position is a 'trigger' for it or not. I will try some Recordings where I do not move the Rectangle at all. I have not tested that specifically up to this point, to see if that might be a 'trigger' for this occurrence.

2. Yes, even if I do not move during the recording, it will happen. The recording itself 'starts' in the corner and once it does that, each recording after that point will be 'stuck' in the corner (it will start recording as though I placed the Rectangle up there).

I'll try some tests for the first concept, soon.

Edit:
I tried to test for (1), but it seems to be 'triggered' already and is starting the recording 'stuck' up in the upper-left corner...
All I did was, is Upgrade to the Latest version of Bandicam (install it) and run Bandicam. I chose a Rectangle On A Screen Preset size randomly and hit Record, without moving the Rectangle.
It began recording as though the Rectangle was placed up in the upper-left corner (even though it appeared on the screen in the lower-right corner).
This was with the H264CPU codec.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Thank you again for your quick response.

We are sorry to bother you, but could you test one more thing by following the steps below and tell us the result?
1. Uninstall the current version of Bandicam.
2. Install Bandicam 4.0.2.
3. Run Bandicam and disable the “Use enhanced capture method” option.
4. Record your desktop without moving the rectangle window.

Thank you.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 am

Thank you again for your quick response.

We are sorry to bother you, but could you test one more thing by following the steps below and tell us the result?
2. Install Bandicam 4.0.2.
3. Run Bandicam and disable the “Use enhanced capture method” option.

Thank you.
Sure I'd be happy to.

Here is my result:
bandicam 2017-12-06 test corner capture issue 4.0.2 = issue not present .jpg
bandicam 2017-12-06 test corner capture issue 4.0.2 = issue not present .jpg (64.3 KiB) Viewed 30264 times
Using Bandicam 4.0.2, with the "Enhanced Capture Method" Disabled, it did not appear to record as though the Rectangle is 'stuck' in the upper-left corner; it recorded from where the Rectangle appeared (near the center) when the Mode was chosen (the Rectangle was not moved, I moved a Bandicam Option panel up and down).
This was tested with the NVENC codec then the H264CPU codec.
All tests were done with the “Use enhanced capture method” Disabled (Unchecked).

Let me know if you would like me to do more tests, I would be happy to.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am

We always appreciate your effort to report Bandicam issues.

We are sorry to bother you again, but could you test one more thing by following the steps below and tell us the result?
2. Install Bandicam 3.4.4.1264.
3. Run Bandicam and enable the “Use enhanced capture method” option.

Thank you.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am

We always appreciate your effort to report Bandicam issues.

We are sorry to bother you again, but could you test one more thing by following the steps below and tell us the result?
2. Install Bandicam 3.4.4.1264.
3. Run Bandicam and enable the “Use enhanced capture method” option.

Thank you.
I am glad to help, I would be happy to perform these steps. Here are my findings:

A. Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3.4.4.1264
B. Ran Bandicam and did not move Rectangle (the "enhanced capture method" was already Enabled upon checking it [pun not intended])
C. Recording a short clip of the Desktop without moving the rectangle window = the issue did not occur (the recording showed where the rectangle was and it did not appear to be up in the corner as a starting point). An image from the video recording was extracted and can be found below:
bandicam 2017-12-07 test corner capture issue 3.4.4, ecmON  = issue not present .jpg
bandicam 2017-12-07 test corner capture issue 3.4.4, ecmON = issue not present .jpg (435.77 KiB) Viewed 30229 times
The recording Rectangle seemed to record from where it appeared. I placed the Bandicam interface in the upper-left corner and moved an option panel around for a short time, as a test recording. This was with the NVENC and then the H264CPU codec.
The issue did not appear with both codecs.

I am happy to contribute with any further tests. Feel free to mention any you would like me to try.

Take care

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”