Nelsonngyn0

Heavy Performance Impact

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 am

I've used Bandicam with usually little impact on the performance of my games, but two have been particularly troublesome when I do record them.
The two games are Alan Wake and Terraria.
I'm able to hit very stable frame rates, but as soon as I hit record the hit 25 and 40 frames respectively. Terraia, although over 30 feels like the whole games has slowed down. I've tried using OBS on those with no issues with performance.
I'm running in an i7-6700 and a GTX 970 with 16GB of RAM.
Any solutions?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Heavy Performance Impact

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello Nelsonngyn0,

Unfortunately, we only have the following solutions for this issue at this moment.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... _recording

We've forwarded it to our development team.

Thank you for your report.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Heavy Performance Impact

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Hello Nelsonngyn0,

Regarding recording Alan Wake, we've found that the framerate drops down to about 35fps with Bandicam while it is fixed at 60fps with OBS as you reported.
We've also confirmed that OBS always keeps the framerate at 60fps if the recording setting is set to 60fps, even if the game runs at a lower framerate like 30fps.
It means that there is actually no difference in video quality between a 35-FPS Bandicam recording and a 60-FPS OBS recording.

In conclusion, it is normal that the fps drops when you play and record the game with the highest resolution of the display like 2560x1440.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”