Hexerin

Bandicam having trouble holding hooks in DirectX 11 game(s)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Ever since the update that introduced this new user interface design, Bandicam has lost the ability to maintain its hooks in DirectX 11 game(s). I've mainly noticed this with Final Fantasy XIV's DirectX 11 client, although I wouldn't be surprised if it also happens with others.

For clarification, I know with reasonable certainty it's a DirectX 11 issue specifically, due to Bandicam having no problems whatsoever with Final Fantasy XIV's DirectX 9 client.

Hexerin

Re: Bandicam having trouble holding hooks in DirectX 11 game

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:32 pm

This is also occurring with Fortnite (both Battle Royale and Save the World) when it's running in DirectX 11 mode. This essentially confirms that Bandicam's DirectX 11 compatibility has been broken.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello Hexerin,

Sorry for the late response.

We have tested Fortnite and Final Fantasy XIV's DirectX 11 hooking and we were not able to recreate your issue while recording these games.

First, uninstall the graphics driver completely and install the latest version of it.

If it doesn't seem to help, please let us know your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version.

Thank you.

Hexerin

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Hello Hexerin,

Sorry for the late response.
No worries!
We have tested Fortnite and Final Fantasy XIV's DirectX 11 hooking and we were not able to recreate your issue while recording these games.
In both cases, how did you go about testing? I see I failed to be clear when describing the issue I'm having, so any confusion is my bad.

The hooks don't fail immediately on game launch (usually, sometimes they do if Bandicam has been running for several hours but it isn't consistent). They do fail, and consistently, after the game's been running for a few hours and/or many ALT+Tab's have been performed (or possibly if leaving the game open in the background without returning for extended period).

You'd never notice in a normal development environment, where you don't really have the time to QA for stuff like this.
If it doesn't seem to help, please let us know your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version.

Thank you.
Windows 10 (x64, free upgrade from Win8 years ago)

CPU:
Intel i5-4430 @ 3.0 GHz (quad core)

GPU:
Radeon HD 7570 1 GB (Dell proprietary)

GPU Driver:
Legacy support / Dell proprietary

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello Hexerin,

We have tested Fortnite and Final Fantasy XIV again for more than one hour hitting Alt+Tab many times and also running the games in background as you said, but unfortunately we were not able to recreate your issue again.
Please make sure that there are no problems with old versions.
https://bandicam.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
We would appreciate it if you could specify the version with which the issue started to occur.

Thank you.

Hexerin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 am

Hello Hexerin,

We have tested Fortnite and Final Fantasy XIV again for more than one hour hitting Alt+Tab many times and also running the games in background as you said, but unfortunately we were not able to recreate your issue again.
We would appreciate it if you could specify the version with which the issue started to occur.

Thank you.
Currently running 4.1.2.1385, issues were introduced/started in the version prior to this. A fresh/clean install of the Bandicam software didn't fix the issue.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Hello Hexerin,

Thank you for your reply.
For further investigation, please let us know if you don't have the issue with Bandicam 4.0.2.1352.

Thank you.

Sinxar

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:48 am

You aren't alone with this. I have issue with Path of Exile in DX11 mode. I have not tested if other DX modes have the problem but I can confirm for at least one DX11 game. For me its is hard to reproduce but it usually happens after waking the PC from sleep. Sometimes I'll play the game for some time and exit. Once I come back Bandicam fails to hook the game again requiring a restart of Bandicam in some form (ie: pc restart - Bandicam is set to run on startup, or restarting the program manually).

My rig is:
i7-4790k
16GB DDR3 2800
Trion 150 480gb (Bandicam is installed here) - Bandicam records to D:\ not sure what the model of this HDD is.
Asus Z97-E
GTX 1070 8GB
Windows 10 x64 Home

Sorry guys, i know I come here with the weirdest issues but please know I only do so because I love Bandicam!

ed: it also does it with Elite Dangerous DX11 client.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:52 am

Hello Sinxar,

Thank you.

Sinxar

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:55 pm

OK. I will test some older versions and get back to you. Thanks for your continued support.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”