Scabby King

Bandicam Freezing 50% of the time

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am

Hey, i hope someone can help me.

When i launch my PC and begin recording something, Bandicam works fine, but when it comes to recording stuff a while later during the same session, Bandicam decides to crash when i press record. I've checked the FAQ on the site that relates to "crashes when pressing record" but the solutions provided there didn't work.

It is very frustrating, sometimes I'll have a day where bandicam works fine and sometimes when i go to record it just crashes and continues to do so, usually until i reset my PC or wait a while before trying again.

After a initial crash, i try to change the video settings, audio settings, fiddle around with all the other settings and end processes on my PC and do a bunch of other troubleshooting to try solve the problem and so far I've come across ZERO solution to my problem after having it for a few weeks now.

Any ideas? Fixing this would be fantastic.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam Freezing 50% of the time

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Hello Scabby King,

Do you have the issue with specific targets or other recording mode and other targets?
We would appreciate it if you would explain it in more detail.
Also, please let us know your Bandicam recording settings and your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version.

Thank you.

Scabby King

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:32 pm

I use the screen recording mode, the exact dimensions i use are 1292x732 to record my desktop and any window/application i open up on the desktop.

The crash occurs when i press the record button on either the capture window or on Bandicam itself. It will sometimes happen when i first load up bandicam and hit record, but for the most part it happens after I've already recorded a few clips then go to record some more. I always use the same settings and the capture dimensions may vary but for the most part stay around that size (1292x732).

The recording settings can be seen in this screenshot: https://gyazo.com/d696eec8729914ac265a528384a7c782

My CPU: Intel i5-2500 3.30GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
My GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Full GPU & Driver Info: https://gyazo.com/2080cda22d6720a62b2aca98e89fc9db

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello Scabby King,

Thank you for getting back to us
As you said you had the problem with the 'Screen Recording Mode', it must be the problem with your graphics card driver.
We've found that the newer version of the graphics driver is available on the NVIDIA official website.
Please uninstall the graphics driver completely and install the latest version of it.

Thank you.

Scabby King

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Hey, I've taken the advice and uninstalled the old drivers and re-installed the most up-to-date Nvidia drivers. For 2 days after doing that, Bandicam worked fine, but once again the problem has sprung up, i went to press record with all the same settings stated above and It crashed.

It is impossible to record with Bandicam after it crashes (which happens a whole lot) until i reset my computer.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Hello Scabby King,

Thank you for getting back to us.
Do you have the same issue with other codecs like H264(CPU)?
Which antivirus program do you use?

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Scabby King

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Hey,

The problem also occurs when using the H264 CPU Setting.

I use Avast Antivirus.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello Scabby King,

Thank you for your reply.

Please download Bandicam 4.1.3 which was released yesterday and let us know your result
- Download: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

If you still have the same issue, please let us know if you are able to take screenshots after the crash issue occurred.

Thank you.

Scabby King

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 am

Hey, I've tried downloading the recent version, however my anti-virus claims it contains malware.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Hello Scabby King,

Thank you for your report.
We've found that the false positive happened with Avast! free version and sent reports to the company.
The official version of Bandicam (https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/) is safe and doesn't have any viruses.

Please, turn off the real time scan of Avast! and try installing the latest version again.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”