Sinxar

Re: Bandicam having trouble holding hooks in DirectX 11 game

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 am

Alright after some testing. Just doing my normal routine, playing games, recording a bit. Version 4.0.2.1352 and newer has this issue with failing to hook DX11 games.

From the old versions, 3.4.1.1256 works flawlessly with hooking.

To be sure, I reinstalled 4.0.2.1352 and the issue returns.

ed: I got 3.4.1.1256 to stop hooking as well. It won't hook anything at all now. Let me go back a few more versions then.

ed2: Bandicam version 2.4.1.902 is blocked by Chrome for being 'dangerous'. The earliest version it lets me download is 3.0.1.1003. Is version 2.4.1.902 and below signed? Not sure what that is about.

ed3: Version 3.0.1.1003 has stopped hooking as well. I checked out the 2.x versions of Bandicam on that site and the signature is invalid or the file is corrupt. So 3.0.1.1003 is the oldest I can test and it exhibits the same behavior as the 4.x versions.

Is there any thing useful I can do to help pin down what causes this?

Sinxar

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:40 am

Well i tried reinstalling windows with a fresh user account and it is still practically unusable without restarting Bandicam multiple times to make it hook after the first game.

No idea what to do at this point.

abachler

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:27 am

I have a similar, possibly related issue with Bandicam on Windows 10 with DirectX 11. After Bandicam has been running for an extended time, generally 24+ hours, it will sometimes lose the ability to hook a game when it is launched. In my case mostly Kerbal Space Program, but also other games. The FPS counter does not show up in game. I have tried relaunching the game, but that doesn't work. Only exiting bandicam and restarting it works. I cant be sure (without reviewing the code), btu this appears to be an issue with a thread leaking some resource or another, and then the thread crashing when it can no longer allocate that resource, most likely a HANDLE. Then the watchdog thread, or lack thereof, does not check that the thread in question is still operating properly.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello Sinxar,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the late response.
We've tested Path of Exile in DirectX11 but we had no problem with hooking the game.
So, do you mean that Bandicam 3.4.1.1256 is the only version you were able to record the game?

We are sorry to bother you, but please let us know if the problem also exists on the latest version of Bandicam which we released yesterday.

https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you.

Sinxar

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:35 am

Hello Sinxar,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the late response.
We've tested Path of Exile in DirectX11 but we had no problem with hooking the game.
So, do you mean that Bandicam 3.4.1.1256 is the only version you were able to record the game?

We are sorry to bother you, but please let us know if the problem also exists on the latest version of Bandicam which we released yesterday.

https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you.
No actually. If you look at my post. none are them are working properly, at least down to the versions that I can download. I did a full fresh install of Windows 10 x64 Home (with ISO, so deleted old partitions and remade etc, not just the built in reinstall option) updated fully, got latest nvidia driver (i do not use geforce experience, i always uncheck that)... and it still happens. This is an absolute fresh install with just steam, bandicam and path of exile.

See the thing is, it works the first time trying to record, maybe even the second time the game is launched. After a while when you launch the game again, Bandicam simply refuses to hook it. I can switch to windowed and it still says to click the recording target.

I tried the latest version on the fresh install and no it suffers from the same issue. It may be relevent to note that this started back when the last "Fall Creators Update" was released for Windows 10. I suspect it is some interaction there but what exactly, i dont know.

So what you do to reproduce is to open the game in question (make sure to have fps overlay turned on) and you know play for a bit and exit the game. Wait maybe 30 minutes and open the game again and see if it is hooking. If so, exit and try again. It will stop eventually and I cannot imagine this isn't reproducible. I mean im not changing anything in windows settings or bandicam other than setting the record and overlay key (which is "/" on the numpad for record and "-" on the numpad for overlay toggle)

Sinxar

Re: Bandicam having trouble holding hooks in DirectX 11 game(s)

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Any new information about this? Bandicam is still incredibly annoying to use when I have to keep restarting it for it to hook.

I have been discussing this with others that use different recording software that points to having more than one monitor at different resolutions. Thats the only new thing I found out that may be related.

Another thing I have noticed that once it stops hooking and I go to close and reopen it, the right click menu in the system tray pops up under the task bar making it very difficult to click the Exit button.

I have also found out it is not only DX11 games. It is all games. From Diablo 1 to Space Engineers to Minecraft.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:52 am

Hello Sinxar,

Thank you very much for your additional report.

Regarding your monitors, could you please let us know your display resolution settings so that we can test it again?
We would appreciate it if you would attach the screenshot of the display settings window.
I have been discussing this with others that use different recording software that points to having more than one monitor at different resolutions. Thats the only new thing I found out that may be related.

Thank you.

Sinxar

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:36 pm

My main monitor is 2560 x 1440 - connected by displayport with refresh rate of 120Hz. The secondary monitor is 2048 x 1152 - connected by HDMI with refresh rate of 60Hz.

My graphics card is a GTX 1070. Driver version is 425.31.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 am

Hello Sinxar,

Please try the new version of Bandicam which has been released on May 8th.
- Download: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

The hooking and display resolution related issues have been fixed.

Please let us know your result.

Thank you.

Sinxar

Fri May 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Hello Sinxar,

Please try the new version of Bandicam which has been released on May 8th.
- Download: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

The hooking and display resolution related issues have been fixed.

Please let us know your result.

Thank you.
Thank you for the fix. I did indeed get the updated version when it was released. Unfortunately this did not fix it. I am at a loss as to what could cause it then.

Is there anything I can do to help resolve it? Seems strange that it is just me suffering from this problem. I have reinstalled windows multiple times, reinstalled bandicam many times, tried different drivers and all that.

Is there any sort of logging I can do? I can reproduce this easily. I mean i will run special versions or anything. I really want to get this fixed up. Bandicam is my favorite recording software.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”