Chaot3ch

Bandicam Recording Buffer

Mon May 14, 2018 4:06 pm

I think that it's safe to say that this feature is a highly requested one that many other recording softwares (Fraps, Shadowplay, etc) have implemented successfully. Looking back through the forums I can see multiple requests for this feature and several replies stating that it had been added to the development list and coming soon™ however after 5~ years nothing has been added and no update posted. Is this a feature that is still coming, or has it been abandoned? Although this has been an issue with me for quite a while I have continued to use Bandicam despite missing some great moments that could have been captured with this feature. However, if this feature has been scrapped then I will be moving to a recording software that does have this feature.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam Recording Buffer

Wed May 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi Chaot3ch,

We have forwarded your request to our development team.
We are sorry that we cannot give you the answer you wished for at this moment.

4EverMaAT

Wed May 16, 2018 10:52 pm

I think that it's safe to say that this feature is a highly requested one that many other recording softwares (Fraps, Shadowplay, etc) have implemented successfully. Looking back through the forums I can see multiple requests for this feature and several replies stating that it had been added to the development list and coming soon™ however after 5~ years nothing has been added and no update posted. Is this a feature that is still coming, or has it been abandoned? Although this has been an issue with me for quite a while I have continued to use Bandicam despite missing some great moments that could have been captured with this feature. However, if this feature has been scrapped then I will be moving to a recording software that does have this feature.
Can you elaborate on what a recording buffer is? (or a few examples of when/where you would implement it?)

n1xon

Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am

Can you elaborate on what a recording buffer is? (or a few examples of when/where you would implement it?)
the other software he mentioned have examples of this, Fraps has a loop buffer that can go up to I think 45 seconds. It is enabled by holding the record button down until the fps overlay turns pink. That buffer continuously records the last 45 seconds, when you hit the record button again it starts normal recording but attaches those buffered 45 seconds to the beginning of your recording. Hitting the record button a third time saves out the recording. You have to manually start the buffer again each time though by holding the record button. Shadowplay has I think Shadowtime which is what they named their pre record buffer, it can continuously record a certain amount of time up to 20 minutes. however it can't attach whatever it has buffered to the beginning of a recording when you try to do normal recording, it can only save whatever was buffered. Both implementations are useful for players who like to save special moments when playing games but don't want to record at all times taking up crazy amounts of file space and making sorting recordings a pain. MSI afterburner also has a prerecord feature that has a similar implementation to Frap's except it auto restarts the buffer after saving out the file. The only problem with afterburner is it crashes a lot when using this feature at least with lossless codecs similar to what Frap's codec does

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”