FoxTwo

Bandicam unable to initialise codec - Intel Quicksync

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi guys,

I don't really have "proof" yet, but I have noticed that eversince using Bandicam 4.1.4, Intel quicksync seems to error out more and more often. Sometimes it'll work... sometimes it just utterly fails with "Unable to initialize codec" message.

This is with HEVC encoding, and whether CBR or VBR rates does not matter.

I have tried updating to latest Intel HD Graphics drivers, and the problem still occurs.

Have also tried using H264 Intel Quicksync, same kind of results - sometimes it works, sometimes it fails with the same message.

Anyone else noticed this too?

Don't worry, as a workaround, I use nvidia H264/HEVC to record my gameplays. Not really a deal breaker, just that I would prefer to offload the encoding to the Intel GPU chip on the systemboard instead of using the same GPU to record as the one I'm playing games with.

Update: Going back to Bandicam 4.1.3 seems to have "fixed" this problem. So I guess there really is a problem with 4.1.4

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam unable to initialise codec - Intel Quicksync

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 am

Hello FoxTwo,

We've tested HEVC(Intel Quick Sync Video) on Bandicam 4.1.4, but we haven’t been able to recreate your issue.
It might be a problem with the graphics driver.
Please follow the steps below.
And then, please install the latest version of the graphics driver and try recording again.

If it doesn't seem to help, could you give us more specific information about the issue such as the recording mode, recording target, and the graphics driver version?

Thank you.

FoxTwo

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 am

Hello FoxTwo,

It might be a problem with the graphics driver.
You missed the part which I said I already reinstalled, AND upgraded to the latest Intel driver.
If it doesn't seem to help, could you give us more specific information about the issue such as the recording mode, recording target, and the graphics driver version?
Recording game, full screen, HEVC (never tested H264, might have same issue), 60fps.

In any case, I have gone back to 4.1.3 (you missed this part too), and all the problems went away.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

Thank you for getting back to us.
We still cannot recreate the issue with the Game Recording Mode on Bandicam 4.1.4 when recording some games in 60fps and with HEVC(Intel Quick Sync Video) settings.

We didn't miss the part you mentioned, but sometimes reinstalling the driver after completely uninstalling it works even if you had installed the latest version of the driver.
Please let us know your Intel graphics driver version and your PC specs so that we will forward this issue to our development team.

Thank you.

FoxTwo

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Sure, the current Intel driver I have installed is this one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... duct=98909

As per web page, it's version 24.20.100.6136. Before upgrading, I forgot which version I had, but it's been a while and Bandicam never had an issue with it until 4.1.4. Even with this latest Intel graphics driver version, Bandicam 4.1.4 keeps giving me the error as mentioned in the first post.

Also, if using HEVC on nvidia for the same games, Bandicam 4.1.4 does not show these errors.

Once I went back to Bandicam 4.1.3 I no longer get these error messages for Intel quicksync.

PC specs;

Gigabyte Motherboard GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU Intel i5-7600 (Intel HD graphics 630 GPU)
Zotac nvidia GTX 1070
16 GB RAM
2TB SSD + 500GB NVME SSD

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.
We will share this issue with the development team and keep an eye on it.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”