propctuner

Audio Muting or Switching?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 am

I ran some searches here before posting but didn't find anything related so hopefully i didn't miss it but Is there a way to mute audio while recording? I want to record the screen but sometimes i'll want to mute the audio but continue recording. Can you guys have a switch/button to pause/mute audio but continue to record video? Is There a way to do this already?

Does that make any sense? lol sorry but thanks for any help :)

propctuner

Re: Audio Muting or Switching?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 am

The only way i see how to do this is dig through the settings real fast and just de-select the record audio setting but it sure would be wonderful if i could have audio muting as a hotkey just like how it is now to do it with video recording but nothing related to audio. Thanks again.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello propctuner,

Please try the " Push-To-Talk: [PTT]" or "Push-To-Mute: [PTM]" function (No. 6)

Push-To-Talk: [PTT] Only record while pushing 'Space': You can record your microphone while pushing the Space Bar key on your keyboard.

Push-To-Mute: [PTM] Only mute while pushing 'Space': You will not record your microphone while pushing the Space Bar key on your keyboard.

Thank you for contacting us.

propctuner

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks for your response. I actually mean muting the primary system audio. I know i can just turn off the system recording but i wondered if it was possible to have audio recording as a hotkey so i can just make all the audio dead at a moments notice using hotkey.

propctuner

Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm

For example... hit the audio mute when some kid in a game starts yelling not so nice words that i dont want recorded in a video. Of course all this can be fixed during the editing of the video but wondered if it could be a hotkey for less work later.

Zuzu_Typ

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi propctuner,

you could still use the push to mute function.

All you have to do is switch primary and secondary audio, so your primary audio device would be your microphone (or something other than system sound, if you don't record your voice) and secondary would be System Sound.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”