ozm8ey

bandicam not working on no mans sky latest release

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:25 am

/title i open bandicam open no mans sky and i dont see any fps counter. idk if its always been a issue but doesn't seem to work with no mans sky latest "next" update

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: bandicam not working on no mans sky latest release

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:05 am

If I may pop in, I just tested Bandicam with 4.1.7.1413, then noticed an Update is available, and upgraded to 4.1.7.1424, testing the No Man's Sky NEXT update from July 24th [I was just thinking of playing this game a bit! heh] and it seemed to work with NMS without issue.

Double-Check that you have the FPS counter selected ("Show FPS Overlay") and/or hit the Hotkey for it to 'force' it to show up, perhaps.
Also, I find that with some games, I have to Restart Bandicam after the game has been started.
Example:

» Bandicam is running already
» Start game
= Bandicam not hooking ('seeing') the game
» Close and Restart Bandicam
» Return to game that is still running
= Bandicam is hooking onto the game and records OK

I'm not sure why (as I am not a programmer/developer) but sometimes I have to do this. Then, Bandicam seems to work fine. Perhaps try these few steps. GL with it, maybe that's all it is. HTH

Edit:
Just adding that I have yes, had to do this with No Man's Sky NEXT as well it seems.
It's not a 'big deal', but I wanted to be exact and add that I do have to Restart Bandicam after starting the game.

FoxTwo

Re: bandicam not working on no mans sky latest release

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 pm

It's not just NMS. Bandicam has behaved like that for many, many games, and have done so for the past couple of years for me (across many Bandicam versions).

For me, usually it manifests like so:

1. Play game as per normal.
2. Exit game. Bandicam still running. PC not rebooted, not turned off.
3. Do non-gaming stuff on PC
4. Re-launch game, Bandicam still running.
5. Bandicam no longer "hooks" into the game. Alt-Tab, restart Bandicam, issue resolved.

As per what @GameTipsAndMore Blog said, simply alt-tabbing out, exit and restart Bandicam fixes these issues. Hence that's why I never bothered to report this as a bug.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”