Ren Flow

Only AAC audio encoding with MP4

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 pm

I am 99% satisfied since buying Bandicam yesterday. It does exactly what I need done, and I can get it to save in a format that is compatible with my video editing software (VirtualDub). The 1% dissatisfaction comes from the fact that I cannot get VirtualDub to be able to decode AAC audio (despite researching how to do it). Because of this, I have to choose the AVI mode and select MP3 audio encoding. This does save a file I can use, but it seems a shame I cannot select MP3 for MP4 mode... MP3 & MP4.... seems like they would go together, right? :D

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Only AAC audio encoding with MP4

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 am

Hello,

We may not support MP3 for the MP4 container.

If you use VirtualDub, please try Bandicut (https://www.bandicam.com/bandicut-video-cutter/).

Thank you for suggesting it.

Ren Flow

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 pm

I like the fact that Bandicut makes it easy to edit the length of the video, but I also use many of the video filters that VirtualDub has available too. I have yet to find a single video editor that has the capabilities I am seeking, but Bandicut comes the closest. Every other so called "video editor" seems to be built on the premise that I want to create some kind of "story".... and that this requires I begin a "project". <sigh>

Ren Flow

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 pm

VirtualDub also allows me to crop the video. While it may seem that the rectangular mode would be suitable for this, cropping can be thought of a rectangle that can be changed on the fly.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:13 am

Hello Ren Flow,

We are pleased to inform you that MP3 audio codec in MP4 container is now available on Bandicam 5.1.0!

Please check the latest version!
https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”