jonjonbear

Control of webcam overlay question

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:28 am

Hello,
I am looking at purchasing Bandicam for a professor who wants to record his class lectures. He asked me about using a webcam to overlay his image over his work. Unless I'm missing something, it's not very intuitive on controlling the location and turning the webcam on and off. If you use F11 (or 12 I can't remember) it turns off the preview but it continues to record. Also is there no way to move the location of the overlay without stopping what you are doing and going into the setup settings? I was hoping he could drag and drop or even use the arrow keys to move the image but I can't figure out how to make it stop recording the webcam without going into the Bandicam app. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

John

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Control of webcam overlay question

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Hello,

You can move the webcam position on the settings and preview window.

Would you like to move the webcam position and turn on and off the webcam overlay function during recording with the Screen Recording Mode?
We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

jonjonbear

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Yes, can you not move or turn it on or off, without opening the settings? I know some programs you can simply grab it with a mouse and drag it around. Using F11 to turn the preview on and off doesn't seem very useful. Would be better if there was a function key that would turn the webcam overlay (PIP) on and off. For instance, the professor is displaying a powerpoint slide while recording. Part of the content is blocked by the PIP overlay. How does he/she move or turn off the overlay without bringing Bandicam back to the front, opening the settings and un-clicking "add webcam overlay to output video file"? Also, can you change the size of the PIP? Thank you, John

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
We've forwarded your ideas to our development team.

Thank you.

jonjonbear

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 pm

So does that answer my question? That you cannot turn on/off the webcam PIP or move it, without going into the settings? Surely you can at least turn it on and off with some sort of keystroke. To have to open the applications settings in the middle of recording something is really poor workflow, since you are then recording all of that as well.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello jonjonbear,

If you check the "Save webcam video as separate file (.mp4)", "Preview webcam on screen" and "Enable preview toggle hotkey" options, you can turn it on and off with Tab key.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”