TRIReinvent

Bandicam failing to initialize video capture

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:06 am

I have recently purchased the Logitech Brio camera which has the ability to film up to 4k. I am trying to film at 1080p 60fps. When I use those settings within Bandicam, I get a "Bandicam failed to initialize the video capture device" error message and it doesn't recognize the camera. Bandicam will only work if I drop the settings to 960x540 or lower.

I used Bandicam for years with my previous webcam (Logitech C920e) with no problems. Please advise as to how to get this to work, as my videos are showing up with black bands in the players (UGH!!).

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam failing to initialize video capture

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello TRIReinvent,

First, please download and install the latest webcam driver.
Also, download and install the latest graphics driver and try recording again.

If you still have the problem, please get back to us with the information below.

1. Do you have the same issue with the webcam overlay function?
2. Please attach the screenshot of the Bandicam settings window with all the format options opened.

Thank you.

TRIReinvent

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 am

Thank you for your reply. All of the drivers and firmware have been updated, and the problem still persists. It will record once at the 1920x1080 level, after that, for all subsequent recordings the error message pops up. The only way to resolve the issue to drop to 1600x896.

The webcam overlay seems to record at the higher level with no issues; I am not getting any error messages with it. I have attached a copy of the screenshot, as requested.

BTW, the camera records at the higher levels just fine in other programs. It is only Bandicam that is having the issue.
Attachments
Image 2019-03-30 at 1.37.15 PM.png
Image 2019-03-30 at 1.37.15 PM.png (388.09 KiB) Viewed 6873 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Hello TRIReinvent,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Sorry to bother you, but to clarify the issue, could you please tell us the highest setting you can use without any problems?
We've found that the statement "Bandicam will only work if I drop the settings to 960x540 or lower." in the first report and "The only way to resolve the issue to drop to 1600x896. " in the second report.
Are you able to record with 1600x896 every time?

Thank you.

TRIReinvent

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Yes, I am able to record with 1600x896-- that is the highest level I can film at without getting the error message.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 am

Hello TRIReinvent,

Thank you for your reply.
We've forwarded it to our development team.

Thank you.

TRIReinvent

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:48 am

Please let me know as soon as you have a resolution. Thanks!

TRIReinvent

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:16 am

Hello, I am back to see if there's been a resolution to this issue, and also to report another problem.

The audio did not record properly in the last batch of videos I made. Even though I had the settings set to 'stereo', the audios were recorded only through one channel which I didn't realize until I watched the final output. After doing extensive troubleshooting today to see if the issue was with the settings in Bandicam (NO), my audio interface (Steinberg UR-22 with updated drivers), or my mic (Tram TR50), I have isolated the problem to the Bandicam software.

When doing videos in using other software, the mic and audio interface record in stereo and playback is in both channels. It is only in Bandicam where this issue occurs. Even though the mic settings reflect 'stereo' (which has always been the case), it only records to a single channel.

I am very disappointed in Bandicam, as I have used it for years with no problems. Please advise ASAP, as the software has become unusable now.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Hello,

Please attach the screenshots of Bandicam Recording settings window and Windows Sound settings window.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”