SlyCooperReloadCoded

FPS overlay appears in recorded videos, but only sometimes

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 am

I signed up to share an issue I've been having. Enabling "Show FPS Overlay" sometimes causes the FPS Overlay to appear in the recorded video. The thing is, it only happens sometimes. There's no consistency to this bug either - I can launch the same game many times and make many recordings, but only a few of them would actually have the FPS overlay on the video itself.

I would think the FPS Overlay is only to show the framerate and that it's recording properly. I don't want it to appear in my videos. One time I was working on a difficult video editing project when I noticed a lot of my recordings had the FPS overlay in the recording, and I had to redo everything. I haven't seen this reported either, so I'm posting it here.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: FPS overlay appears in recorded videos, but only sometimes

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:39 pm

Hello SlyCooperReloadCoded,

You can show the FPS counter on the game screen without showing it on the recorded video by following the steps below.

1. Enable the "Show FPS Overlay" option.

2. Disable the "Show FPS in captured video/image" option.

Thank you.

SlyCooperReloadCoded

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:12 am

This is strange. I got to the menu shown in your screenshots, but the "Show FPS in captured video/image" option is disabled. However Bandicam seems to be ignoring that since it's still putting the FPS overlay on recorded videos, even if the option is disabled.

Here's an example of a video I recorded. Note that the "Show FPS in captured video/image" option was DISABLED during this recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgcCt4AJMX4

I have a YouTube channel with 400 videos and while I can't look through each of them, there's at least a dozen with the FPS overlay in the videos. I never touched that menu, and it's disabled, so it was always disabled.

Something I've noticed is that emulators seem to do this more than PC games do.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:59 am

Hello SlyCooperReloadCoded,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have tested the FPS overlay function again, but unfortunately we were not able to recreate your issue.
Please uninstall Bandicam and install the latest version of Bandicam and the graphics card driver before recording again.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”