GustavoRock

FPS drops in Bandicam recorded video

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 am

I recording my video in 30fps 1080, but in result i get video with lower FPS. Where is the problem?

GustavoRock

Re: FPS drops in Bandicam recorded video

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:29 am

I tried to record video with OBS and this is works perfect. But in Bandicam frame rate is still dropping.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Hello,

Regarding the fps dropping issue, please refer to the linked page.

Lag/Lagging: Computer lag, my computer runs slowly
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

If it doesn't seem to help, please let us know your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version and your recording target.

Thank you.

jasonvp

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:06 pm

If it doesn't seem to help, please let us know your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version and your recording target.
If I'm understanding the OP correctly, he's not talking about what your linked document is. The latter appears to be a, "Prevent laggy game play while recording". I think the OP is complaining about the same thing I was about to ask: why does Bandicam insist on VFR even when CFR is chosen?

My rig can easily handle recording with NVENC as I do it with OBS Studio constantly. The output from OBS: a perfect CFR h.264 video in 59.94FPS. The output from Bandicam: fluctuating FPS anywhere from 30 to 60. Even though I have CFR preferred.

BTW: I'd strongly recommend re-coding that CFR switch. Make it so that it doesn't "fall back on VFR" but instead costs in-game frame rate. I suspect that's the crux of the problem; something is tripping the software up and it's falling back on VFR even though it doesn't need to.

CPU: Intel Core i9 7900X
GPUs: 2 x 2080Ti cards in SLI, OC'd, over-volted, water-cooled
RAM: 64GB DDR4 @ 4GHz
NVidia Driver: 442.01 (hotfix)

Attempted output: 4K/59.94 (CFR) NVENC @ 75Mbit/sec

Resulting output: 4K/<variable> (VFR) NVENC @ 50(ish) Mbits/sec

gdgsdg123

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:38 am

...why does Bandicam insist on VFR even when CFR is chosen?
Why insist on CFR when the input is actually of VFR nature?.. Does wasting bit rate on unnecessary duplicate frames do you any good? (unless)

Also note: Bandicam 4.4.3.1557, "Prefer CFR", crash and/or corrupt output, likely unfixed yet.

...so that it doesn't "fall back on VFR" but instead costs in-game frame rate.
Things may not be able to work like this way...

The game and the recorder, are separate (independent) things. Controlling the rendering rate of the game... implicated hacking the game.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”