ReelBitsGaming

Upload to Youtube is extremely slow.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:15 am

I've done several gaming videos before and have NEVER had this problem. I've had hour long videos upload faster. I've looked information up and supposedly, Bandicam compresses the file. Therefore, it shouldn't take this long. I have reliable internet, as I said, I have never had problems before.

Is there something I can do in my settings to remedy this? Maybe changing the format to MP4? I really don't want to sit here for hours each time to upload a 25 minute video.

Dfactor

Re: Upload to Youtube is extremely slow.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Your upload time entirely depends on the filesize and your internet upload speed.
How big is the file and what's your upload speed?

Changing the container to .mp4 won't decrease the size.
If you think that the filesize is too large then you can either change the settings of your current codec or you can try a different one.

ReelBitsGaming

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks, Slim. I'll try working with the codec and stuff. I'm going to run a few tests and see if I can get the file size down, without losing too much quality.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:26 am

If I may pop in,

Dfactor is entirely correct:
it will depend on your file size (larger = take more time) and your ISP/service speed [you are paying for] where the slower the speed of your Upload, the longer it will take

Also,
most ISP's throttle the Upload portion of your internet service, both to discourage uploading/sharing and to 'optimize' the total bandwidth possible towards downloading (which people do far more than uploading)

If I may give a suggestion,
after doing your 'Final Render' that you will upload to YouTube/Vimeo/etc, throw that file through a quick compression (for example, into an h.264/AVC/mpeg-4 variable bitrate at around CRF20 setting) and upload THAT file to YouTube (while keeping the Final Render for archival purposes). Since YouTube [for example] re-compresses the video anyway, you will automatically lose much of that Detail that you are trying to keep, with a higherbitrate/largerfilesize

Great idea to do some tests and see what you prefer - good luck with it!

TCArk1234

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:33 am

Can anyone help me? I have decent internet speed because when I uploaded 20 min videos before, it only took 2 hours but now It's taking like 16 hours when I switched to Bandicam. (I was Recording before with Xbox Live which comes with my PC) I also added a facecam, could that be why it's taking so long??? Please advise on how I can get shorter upload times, because If not I wasted 60 bucks on Bandicam and Bandicut

TCArk1234

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 am

Should I try to switch from an MP4 file to an AVI???
Will that make it go Faster???

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 am

Can anyone help me? I have decent internet speed because when I uploaded 20 min videos before, it only took 2 hours but now It's taking like 16 hours when I switched to Bandicam. (I was Recording before with Xbox Live which comes with my PC) I also added a facecam, could that be why it's taking so long??? Please advise on how I can get shorter upload times, because If not I wasted 60 bucks on Bandicam and Bandicut
If I may pop back in on this, it might be that you are recording at a higher BitRate than with XboxLive (GameDVR) - do you know what bitrate you were utilizing before?
You can set Bandicam to use that same Bitrate, if you wanted to.

((If I can make a Suggestion, unless you want to Upload 'straight to YouTube', it is better to Record at a higher Bitrate (if you have the drive space), so that the recording is higher quality (keeping all the details as it can), then edit your file (to customize it as you want) or compress it with something like Handbrake or similar converter, for a 'quick compression to reduce the Upload filesize' (careful not to set the Settings 'too low', or it may lose a lot of quality). This is just a Suggestion of course, and if you want to 'just record and upload' then ignore this idea, heh))

Edit:
I tried out GameDVR/XboxLiveRecorder on Windows 10 and it looks like the HIGH Quality 60fps Setting record at about 40000kbps (about 5MB per second of file size), whereas the STANDARD Quality setting, usually recording at 30fps, runs at about 10000kbps (about 1MB per second of file size).
So, that means that if you were using the Standard setting in Xbox's Live Recorder, it was probably about 1/4 the size of most other programs' Default settings (which record at about 25-50Mbps as a maximum).
If you didn't mind the Quality and Framerate of playback that you had with GameDVR, you can set Bandicam to about 30fps recording framerate and say, a CBR bitrate of about 10000 (kbps). This should emulate about the size and quality of the Standard GameDVR recording.
HTH

TCArk1234

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:40 am

ok, Ill try and see if that works... my max is 60 fps so I can set that down a bit. The lowest kbps on bandicam though is 22000.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:28 pm

ok, Ill try and see if that works... my max is 60 fps so I can set that down a bit. The lowest kbps on bandicam though is 22000.
Hmmm.... Just a couple of things:

- You don't 'have to' reduce the framerate down to 30fps, if you are using 60fps and it is smooth for you, that was just a suggestion to emulate the GameDVR "Standard" settings, use whatever fps you like.(GameDVR's "High" settings uses 60fps)
In fact, if your system can handle 60fps, go ahead and use that, the recording will be 'smoother', too.

- Not sure where you're seeing 22000, are you perhaps looking at the Frequency of the Audio (which can go down to 22000Hz)? If you click on the Bitrate area in the Video section of the Format Setting options, you can punch in any bitrate you want...
10000kbps was just a suggestion, to emulate GameDVR settings (and file size), but you can make it bigger if you like (it will look a bit better too), something like 25000kbps (but the file size will also increase... if that is something you don't want, then you can leave it at the GameDVR-"Standard"-sized setting of about 10000-15000kbps).

jonathanbj1977

Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 pm

i know this is really old (2015) and i just got bandicam and i have same problem (i upload videos from anywhere faster, few minutees for any video)
my dowload speed is 500 mbps and my upload speed is 30 mbps (also very good gaming pc) any help??

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”