ihavenoidea

Lag spikes while recording

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:35 am

I was 1st having an issue in Screen Recording mode and it wasn't letting me record when I'm in Minecraft but I fixed it by going to version 4.2.0.

After doing this, I got so many lag spikes, the game was litterally unplayble. I can get 60 FPS but it will drop down to like 0 when I do anything. And no it's not because I haven't allocated enough RAM to Minecraft. Also I have the latest graphics driver installed on my laptop so that's not the issue. I also already had the Low-end PC Preset (with a few tweaks) selected.

Computer Specs:

Intel Pentium CPU B960 2.20 GHz
Intel HD Graphics (Sandy Bridge)
8 GB RAM DDR3
Windows 10 Home

Here is the video with the lag spikes: https://youtu.be/8sYWAoZz_qQ

Here is my Bandicam settings:
Attachments
Bandicam settings.jpg
Bandicam settings.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 6866 times

ihavenoidea

Re: Lag spikes while recording

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:25 am

Ok, I limited my framerate ingame and it stopped lag spiking, so problem solved for me C:

ihavenoidea

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:18 pm

I was going to record again today, I checked if my framerate was limited and it was, so I started to record. Then I realised the lag spikes came back and not only did it lag spike when I was recording, the lag spikes were still there when I wasn't recording. I really need help on this because I have had to try and fix many problems just to find out that another problem will come. My youtube channel is going downhill becuase of this too :(

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:32 am

Hello ihavenoidea,

We recommend you use the Game Recording Mode.
To reduce lagging, reduce the video resolution of the recording target, reduce the video size, FPS, and video quality.

Thank you.

ihavenoidea

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:02 pm

Sorry for the very late reply, but everytime I lower the framerate it stops lag spiking and that isn't convenient for me since the video doesn't look smooth in the end.

ihavenoidea

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Does anybody have a fix for this? I've been keeping my viewers waiting.

ihavenoidea

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:11 am

Ok so in answer to Bandicam's response, my window size is 848 x 480 and if I put this any lower the quality would be too bad to use for my video and it's already bad enough, I need it to be 720p for YouTube (so I won't be changing that), If I reduce the FPS anymore, the video won't look smooth, I tried reducing quality but it didn't help at all and in Game Recording Mode I lag way too much compared to when I'm in Screen Recording Mode and I still get the lag spikes anyway. I also did some testing on settings and nothing helped, I tried limiting FPS in Minecraft, putting the task priority from high to normal, checking and unchecking the Enhanced Video Capture, changing Video Codecs and Audio Codecs and disabling the option the record sound. The only thing that stopped the lag spikes was updating Bandicam. But I got the problem where it wouldn't let me record when I was in Minecraft. So I would really like a fix for this because this is getting way too annoying. (I've been considering using other software to record as well :/)

hektor314

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi
Im not from bandicam but they should know this. Had same issue. Solved it by turn off "use enhanced capture method" mode in recording settings.
Peace.

ihavenoidea

Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:27 pm

I tried that too (didn't work), they really sould be aware of this and fix it. :/

shananigan

Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:12 am

According to the system you posted you do not meet the min. system requirements to even run minecraft.
You need at least an i3 and an direct x 11.0 GPU, like the intel HD 4000 graphics.
I know it's not the answer you want but it will be the answer you will receive from any support team with those specs.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”