Dave_Rado

I can't get decent frame rate and resolution

Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:43 am

In HDMI recording mode, if I select "Select Device" and in the "Device Selection" dialog box, i click on the "Format" drop-down list, all the options it gives me that are reasonably high resolution (i.e. 960 x 720 or higher) have a frame rate of only 15 fps or lower. here's a screen capture of the drop-down list I'm getting:

Given that 30fps is generally considered the minimum frame rate needed for a good quality video, why is it limiting me to a maximum of 15fps for all reasonably high resolutions? And is there any way of fixing this?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: I can't get decent frame rate and resolution

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Hello Dave_Rado,

First, please use the latest version of Bandicam(4.6.2).
https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Then, please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the webcam driver and check it again.

Thank you.

Dave_Rado

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:04 am

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I've just done what you suggested and the device selection menu is unchanged. I am now running version 4.62 and for all resolutions from 960 x 720 and higher, the fps displayed in the menu is 15 fps or lower, exactly as shown in the screen capture in my original post..

Dave

gwen.axelrod

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:48 am

I am experiencing the same problem. I've been using Bandicam for a few years without any problems, but recently the FPS has dropped drastically. Where I used to get MP4's produced at 25-30FPS, they are now between 4-5FPS. All I use it for is basic screen capture recording in PowerPoint - without any webcam. The sound comes through okay but anything that moves on the screen is jumpy because of the low rate. I spent 2 hours recording a tutorial today and have to completely redo the whole thing to compensate for the places where it lags. Not happy about it!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”