Morxemplum

How to Record Game Audio and Microphone Separately in New Bandicam Version

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Previously when I recorded my videos on Bandicam, I would always make sure that my game audio and my microphone were recorded in separate channels so that way I can easily adjust the volume of one another in a video editor (to make sure one isn't louder than another).

However, I have recently updated my Bandicam to the latest version and have noticed that the audio settings are done differently in the latest version. The microphone and the game audio are now both in one channel instead of being done separately. I do like it because I can separate chatting audio from game audio, but now the problem is that the game audio and my microphone are in the same channel.

This is a problem because I accidentally did a recording where the game audio was significantly louder than my voice, drowning it out completely and there was nothing I could do about it. That footage was unusable and I had to cut it out completely. This was because I thought that it would keep the same volume but I was wrong. So I put it to full volume and did another recording. Now the problem was that my microphone was way too loud and kept clipping.

I don't want to tediously trial and error different volumes to ensure that the audios are balanced properly, so I would like to know if there is any way possible that I can separate my microphone audio from my game audio like I was able to do in older versions of Bandicam. Thank you for reading and I'm glad to hear a response! :)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: How to Record Game Audio and Microphone Separately in New Bandicam Version

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Hello Morxemplum,

You can record the audio tracks separately by using the same settings as previous versions of Bandicam.
Please set as below.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”