malcolm341

Is it possible to join files and not append the word - join to the file name?

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:13 am

It's time consuming to have to rename each file every time I make a joined version, in my workflow I'm often overwriting the existing file and would like Bandicut to just name my file the same as the original instead of appending the word - join to the end. Is that possible, I didn't see anything in the settings?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to join files and not append the word - join to the file name?

Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:37 am

Hello,

Please see the picture below (The number 3). This option allows you to set the file name of the output video and audio files.

If you set "none", the join will be added at the end of the file name.

If you choose any other option other than "none" such as "Date and Time" or "Sequence Number", the join word won't be added.

https://www.bandicam.com/bandicut-video ... iguration/

malcolm341

Re: Is it possible to join files and not append the word - join to the file name?

Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Thanks for your reply, I gave that a try, but that doesn't solve anything because now it appends a bunch of numbers to the end of the file name instead of the word - join and I still have to manually rename the newly created file.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Hello again,

Do you want the file to be saved the same as the original file name?

If you do this, it may be difficult to tell what the original and edited files are.

We recommend you to choose the option “Source File name + Sequence Number”.

If you have any better opinions, please tell us and we will forward them to the development team.

malcolm341

Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:01 pm

The output file is going to a different location so I'd like it to be named exactly the same as the original file, I then drag the new file over top of the old file to overwrite it which lives in a different folder. This allows me to edit the file, preview it, and then overwrite the old file. But, because it always renames the file it's currently an extra annoying step I have to do for each file.

I'm often joining for a couple hours at a time, let's say I'm working on 20 files files I'm trimming, and each file I have to rename each time I output my joined version so it's an extra step I'd like to avoid.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Hello,

We've forwarded your request to our development team.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Return to “Bandicut - General Discussion”